By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Former IGN Employee Admits Review Scores Are Skewed Due to Public Relations

Porcupine_I said:
Reviews aside, but has anyone ever seen a negative preview of a game? i sure don't remember any.

Its pretty much an unspoken law to not be negative until the review copies are in.

Youll see things like "I was concerned about......" or "It was a early build so hopefully these things are fixed".

Those are signs that the game will be less then stellar.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Reviews aside, but has anyone ever seen a negative preview of a game? i sure don't remember any.

Its pretty much an unspoken law to not be negative until the review copies are in.

Youll see things like "I was concerned about......" or "It was a early build so hopefully these things are fixed".

Those are signs that the game will be less then stellar.

Which is only fair enough. A pre-alpha version of any game is going to be a little bit buggy.

No, when you should really be worried is when they don't say that at all, because that's when they're trying to be completely positive.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective