By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The last Debate! Who Won? Obama or Romney

Who won the last debate?

President Barack Obama 259 61.96%

Governor MItt Romney 115 27.51%

Nobody/tie 38 9.09%

Total:412
spurgeonryan said:
^ Nothing about American voting works. Especially electoral college.

Agree we should move back to paper ballots, cause republicans always find votes on random computers. Example Wisconsin.

http://www.minnpost.com/glean/2011/04/hmmm-one-wisconsin-county-finds-7500-prosser-votes

Around the Network

The most accurate poll is Gallup. It has successfully predicted the last 10 elections. FiveThiryEight and NY Times are liberally biased sources. Much the same as Rasmussen is considerably more conservative. And Fox News is laughably conservative.

Real Clear Politics is an average if you will of several polling services which should provide a more accurate portrait of the election. Again, look at the electoral map for them. It is a very close race, with Ohio being the potential deciding votes.

Obama is winning this debate. Has more knowledge on the topic. Romney is just trying to skate by.

What a dumb debate. Other then some minor disagreements on military spending (arguably a domestic issue) they agree on everything else. Should of had them debate the economy again!

dsgrue3 said:
The most accurate poll is Gallup. It has successfully predicted the last 10 elections. FiveThiryEight and NY Times are liberally biased sources. Much the same as Rasmussen is considerably more conservative. And Fox News is laughably conservative.

Real Clear Politics is an average if you will of several polling services which should provide a more accurate portrait of the election. Again, look at the electoral map for them. It is a very close race, with Ohio being the potential deciding votes.

Obama is winning this debate. Has more knowledge on the topic. Romney is just trying to skate by.

Not true gallup has had massive swings.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/18/gallup-vs-the-world/

spaceguy said:
dsgrue3 said:

Not true gallup has had massive swings.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/18/gallup-vs-the-world/

I will not be reading your liberal source. I have provided you with a liberal source that I will tolerate. Real Clear Politics. Irrelevant of swings, Gallup has successfully predicted the last 10 elections. Would you rather bet on a polling service that gets it right 100% of the time but has inaccurate percentages or one that has relatively accurate percentages but only predicts the president some of the time?

Around the Network

Ell, the first debate was clearly won by Romney. But the VP debate was won by Biden and the last debate by Obama. This could be a deciding factor.

This is the best debate so far for me. Both candidates are being respectful and actually discussing the topics.

So far Im leaning Romney but Obama is doin well. I just really like how Romney is talking about peace, Im sick and tired of all the wars and arguing.

As a European, I have a question to the Americans watching:
Do you really believe that when Romney starts a phrase with "I met a young woman in...", "I just met a guy in.." actaully ever "met" such people?

spaceguy said:
killerzX said:
spaceguy said:
killerzX said:
the gap is widening, Romney is pulling away in the polls. That pretty much shows people thought romney won the first debate, Ryan won the second, mostly due to Bidens constant laughing, smirking and interrupting, and Romney also won the last debate, because Romney has only gained ground in the polls since then.

So i also expect the average american to think Romney won this one.

LMFAO!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fox News Says^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

honestly. whats with you and fox news. I dont even watch TV news.

i dont know what fox news has to do with this, but im talking about polls. like gallup and Rasmussan and others. they are almost all headed romenys way. gallup has gone up to +7 for romney. he is finally over 50% in polls. Battlground states, romney is closing in. Sure i bet fox news polls have showed polls moving in Romneys favor, but im not really sure what they have to do with this.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

National polls don't mean sh-t. We got a electoral college. Not sure if you know how that works.

Rasmussan is so right wing that all there polls swing red. You kidding me. That don't have a great record.

yeah and romney just took the lead in electoral college votes in the real clear politics map, for the first time.

other polls: Romney up 2 (49-47) in virginia with dems oversampled by +7.

Colorado: Realclearpolitics has moved it from toss up to lean romney. Rasmussen has Romney up 50-46. up +4.

Romney is leading in a politico battleground poll by +2. that a 3 point shift. and that is a D+4 sample poll.

In a PPP Iowa poll, that over samples Dem by +7, romney is down only 1 point.

WSJ/NBC poll has a 3-5 point shift to romeny, having them now tied.

Ohio: PPP poll with D+8 sample, has romney down only 1. thats a 4 point shift to romney.

and other polls on the economy, foreign policy, libya, taxes, debt, all are favoring romney. Romneys likability has gone way up. 30 points in ohio.

drkohler - I get the feeling for Obama too.