By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - just got uncharted

windbane said:

Super Stardust HD is still the best PSN game, though =)

I really want to try that game.  I hear it is really good, but after playing Calling All Cars and Flow, I am really leery of hyped PSN games.  

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
makingmusic476 said:
I love Naughty Dog. After Zelda, MGS, and Mario, Jak & Daxter was my favorite series last gen. Well, God of War fits in there somewhere as well.

I still haven't finished Uncharted. My ps3 broke after I was only an hour or so into it. It finally came back this past Thursday, but I haven't had a chance to start playing Uncharted again yet.

How have you not finished it, it is a short and brilliant game. I'm now working on the J & D games. I want another one, it would be nice if ND could alternate between the franchises.

Like Insomniac is doing with the R&C and Resistance franchises. I still need to play J&D... I wonder if I could buy them from my friend...

insomniac17 said:
Munkeh111 said:
makingmusic476 said:
I love Naughty Dog. After Zelda, MGS, and Mario, Jak & Daxter was my favorite series last gen. Well, God of War fits in there somewhere as well.

I still haven't finished Uncharted. My ps3 broke after I was only an hour or so into it. It finally came back this past Thursday, but I haven't had a chance to start playing Uncharted again yet.

How have you not finished it, it is a short and brilliant game. I'm now working on the J & D games. I want another one, it would be nice if ND could alternate between the franchises.

Like Insomniac is doing with the R&C and Resistance franchises. I still need to play J&D... I wonder if I could buy them from my friend...

A just bought the whole trilogy for PS2

insomniac17 said:
Munkeh111 said:
makingmusic476 said:

you should buy them theyre really great games ive only played the second and third though

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
insomniac17 said:
Munkeh111 said:
makingmusic476 said:

you should buy them theyre really great games ive only played the second and third though

I never played J & D 1 properly through and I'm about 1/3 of the way through and I tried to copy my stuff across to the PS3, and I found the game froze in one certain point, making it unplayable. I tried to go back to the PS2, but then everything had been deleted from it and now I cannot copy my save back across cause there is an error, I'm facing having to start the game again.

Around the Network

Finally got around to finishing this game today.

The last fifth or so of the game completely blows away the rest of the game (the 'revelation' point and on).

That said, the final boss fight is pouring acid in your eyes awful. This and Bioshock both great games with spectacularly crappy boss fights at the end. Mass Effect's final boss isn't exactly good either.

I'd give uncharted an 8.7 or 8.8, gains points for last few chapters, loses points for last boss fight. Overall I'd say it's the second best PS3 game after Ratchet.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

@Bark: Super Stardust is worlds better than Flow and Calling All Cars.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

brute said:
insomniac17 said:
Munkeh111 said:
makingmusic476 said:

I've been looking for them, but I haven't found any around here, and my friends aren't willing to part with theirs just yet...

ckmlb said:
@Bark: Super Stardust is worlds better than Flow and Calling All Cars.

I agree that Stardust is better, but Calling All Cars is meant to be played multiplayer, like Rock Band.  It was fun to me but it seems that very few people play it online now.

Meanwhile, Super Stardust has high scores you can try to beat. 

flOw isn't really a game so much as an experience and a tech demo for sixaxis.  It was good at the time it came out because it was a nice experience.  It's also 4 player... 

ckmlb said:
Finally got around to finishing this game today.

The last fifth or so of the game completely blows away the rest of the game (the 'revelation' point and on).

That said, the final boss fight is pouring acid in your eyes awful. This and Bioshock both great games with spectacularly crappy boss fights at the end. Mass Effect's final boss isn't exactly good either.

I'd give uncharted an 8.7 or 8.8, gains points for last few chapters, loses points for last boss fight. Overall I'd say it's the second best PS3 game after Ratchet.

Yep, the last boss was pretty lame.

I actually didn't like the final plot twist, I was perfectly content with the way the game was going before that point (though the level designs were pretty cool). 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/