By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's safe to say Sony lost this gen; 70 million Xbox 360's have been sold!

Oh look who's here trying to be confrontational again..

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
the2real4mafol said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:

Yeah Sony followed up the PS2 in sensational style.  By slaughtering their market share, driving the company into the floor, becoming a distant 3rd in the single biggest market and leaviong themselves a mountaing to climb with PS4.

You are unbelieveable, those rose tinted spectacles are stuck.

All the shit Sony did, yet theyre still equal with the 360 despite Microsoft(!)s best efforts.

Its quite funny watching Sony fuck up at every opportunity and still manage to keep up with the other guys.

A loyal fan base will do that. 

Sony abused that though.  And continue to do so. Maybe that loyalty will be tested again next gen, I expect it will.

I find it hilarious how people try and spin this gen as some kind of amazing performance by Sony.  The PS3 has been an unmitigated distater on every business measure you can think of.... every single one.

I'm out of this thread though, nothing good will come of it.  Talking to Sony fans on this topic is like beating your head against a stoine wall.  They refuse the see the painfully bleeding obvious.

Just because PS3 has sold less than half of what PS2 so far is disasterous is it!? If it's so bad, sony would off given up by now. 66 million is pretty good for a disaster ain't it? Sony should of continued to dominate the gaming industry but they didn't, so does it matter? not really. Sony has it's fanbase, Nintendo has it's fanbase and so does microsoft now, at least it ain't a 2 horse race between sony and nintendo, which it would be if xbox 360 failed.

Yes it is.  This is about the business aspects of it.  This has nothing to do with "fans" and everything to do with dollars, yen and marketshare. It is a disaster from a business perspective, that is undenaible I'm afraid.  Not saying they cant recover next gen, but this gen the PS3 IS a business disaster. 

Maybe in business it is, but overall it's not a failure either. going from 75% to 29% marketshare is obviously awful for sony, but the gaming industry is better for not being dominated by one company in my view. It's just sony got hit at the worst time, what with a stronger yen and a weaker global market because of the recession. Hopefully, sony can adapt to this economy and learn some vaulable lessons from it's mistakes with the PS3

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

The PS3 overtaking the X360 or not, we already know that Microsoft is the clear winner of this gen and Sony the clear loser.

It will overtake it, though.

kowenicki said:
the2real4mafol said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:

Yeah Sony followed up the PS2 in sensational style.  By slaughtering their market share, driving the company into the floor, becoming a distant 3rd in the single biggest market and leaviong themselves a mountaing to climb with PS4.

You are unbelieveable, those rose tinted spectacles are stuck.

All the shit Sony did, yet theyre still equal with the 360 despite Microsoft(!)s best efforts.

Its quite funny watching Sony fuck up at every opportunity and still manage to keep up with the other guys.

A loyal fan base will do that. 

Sony abused that though.  And continue to do so. Maybe that loyalty will be tested again next gen, I expect it will.

I find it hilarious how people try and spin this gen as some kind of amazing performance by Sony.  The PS3 has been an unmitigated distater on every business measure you can think of.... every single one.

I'm out of this thread though, nothing good will come of it.  Talking to Sony fans on this topic is like beating your head against a stoine wall.  They refuse the see the painfully bleeding obvious.

Just because PS3 has sold less than half of what PS2 so far is disasterous is it!? If it's so bad, sony would off given up by now. 66 million is pretty good for a disaster ain't it? Sony should of continued to dominate the gaming industry but they didn't, so does it matter? not really. Sony has it's fanbase, Nintendo has it's fanbase and so does microsoft now, at least it ain't a 2 horse race between sony and nintendo, which it would be if xbox 360 failed.

Yes it is.  This is about the business aspects of it.  This has nothing to do with "fans" and everything to do with dollars, yen and marketshare. It is a disaster from a business perspective, that is undenaible I'm afraid.  Not saying they cant recover next gen, but this gen the PS3 IS a business disaster. 

Which alot of people hate to admit. They only bring up numbers on how many were sold which makes it a success, but that is far from the truth. The ps3 has made sony lose billions. compared to microsoft which have profited from the 360 and xbox live. I don't see how selling 66+ million consoles and losing billions is a success. The entire sony corp is a disaster right now and is one of the worst performing companies out there. They are constsntly losing billions and laying off thousands of workers. How they can afford to release the ps4 without losing more is what i cant make sense of. How can they release the ps4 when they can't even make up the money lost on the ps3? They will just lose more. makes no sense.

[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/sidious_164]

[/url]

Sometimes I feel bad when Xbox fans post some news and it just gets trolled to oblivion by Sony fans, so I try my best to avoid it.

Then something like this pops up and Kowenicki decides he's going to devote all his efforts to being as confrontational as possible despite saying he's going to leave the thread 20 minutes ago.

And then I don't feel so bad anymore.

Anyway, despite the poorly-written article and flamebait title, good for Xbox 360. Of course I wish that PS3 had been more of a financial success than it was but I do not particularly hate that there's a choice for consumers these days between 360 and PS3. I choose the one that's best for me; others may choose the one that's best for them. Makes for a more interesting market.

Around the Network
UnknownFact said:
The PS3 overtaking the X360 or not, we already know that Microsoft is the clear winner of this gen and Sony the clear loser.

It will overtake it, though.

Yes, MS is the clear winner of second place. Wii the clear winner over-all.

bananaking21 said:

comparing PS3 numbers from march to xbox numbers from september 

exactly this.

kowenicki said:
Anyway I'm off to somewhere warm and sunny for a few days so you all enjoy yourselves....

Let me guess, you're going to Spain?

I trust no one, not even myself.

WTF? why are they using old PS3 numbers?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Sony lost about 6-7 billion USD with one single product and are still in 3rd place.
They lost their exclusive 3rd party deals / franchises.
They hurt the Playstation brand in a big way.

Yet some people here think Sony did a good job this gen. Broaden your view!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...