By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim Dawnguard PS3: Punished for choosing wrong console

We all know the problems Skyrim fans owning a PlayStation 3 have been experiencing not having the opportunity to play Dawnguard PS3, and although Bethesda have been working hard to solve this we feel that gamers are being punished for choosing wrong console. This has led to some people choosing to abandon Dishonored, and even though this looks like a brilliant game Bethesda’s involvement is the main reason for this.

Many gamers like myself feel that when Dawnguard comes it comes and any hope of this diminished a while back, but we also expect Peter Hines and Bethesda to continue getting negative feedback because this has been expected for sometime now. In our most recent post, we spoke about a reprieve following the release of Dishonored and this title has gained plenty of positive responses giving us reason to believe Dawnguard is not featuring as highly in peoples thoughts anymore. The response for Dishonored has been great, although we understand this is a brilliant game, and maybe people are differentiating the fact that Bethesda did not develop the game.

Their involvement is with the publishing and we are sure they have plenty of input, so the likes of Peter Hinesis probably relishing the opportunity to relax from the continuous complaints from PS3 owners, for the time being anyway. In relation to this, some feel that the only leverage they have as a consumer is to disregard any games that Bethesda are involved with, until the issue with Skyrim is resolved. Those who own PlayStation 3 may feel that the similar priced Xbox 360 has the same price of game but PS3 owners are not getting the same.

Those lucky enough to have both consoles may feel that buying Skyrim on the PS3 was a wrong choice and many would demand an exchange for an Xbox version if they hadn’t invested so much time in the game, the same gamers will also be more likely to buy Dishonored on the Xbox. Therefore, we can see why PlayStation 3 owners feel they are owed something along the lines of free DLC or a discount for titles like Dishonored. The trouble with DLC is that it is an extra and those who originally bought Skyrim got what they paid for, but the expectation of decent added content is in the minds of the consumer nowadays, especially when it is promised on the back of the case.

Additionally, some feel that when one console receives it and another doesn’t, this is viewed as unfair, as well as false advertising. When it comes to PS3 gamers boycotting Dishonored because of Bethesda, do you feel this is a case of cutting of your nose despite your face? Or maybe you feel this is a stance that has to be made.

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20121011/skyrim-dawnguard-ps3-punished-for-choosing-wrong-console/

Around the Network

Sony should sue Bethesda

PS3 owners = Dark cat

Bethesda = Orange cat 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Go buy a xbox 360 if you want to play it that badly.

for choosing the "wrong console"...I don't like how that sounds...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Stupid Motherfuckers. Bethesda can publish their games wherever they want. Everybody has a PC just get it on the PC it is the best version anyway. I don´t understand why those jerk offs have to troll Dishonored for this.

AndrewWK said:
Stupid Motherfuckers. Bethesda can publish their games wherever they want. Everybody has a PC just get it on the PC it is the best version anyway. I don´t understand why those jerk offs have to troll Dishonored for this.

whoa...chill...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Seriously who gives a shit about Skyrim anyway? I played it like crazy when it came out, but now I'd have 0 interest in any expansion...

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

AndrewWK said:

I was playing Fallout 3 on my Ps3 one day. After only five minutes of gameplay, my console underwent a spontaneous combustion. My entire living room wall caught on fire. People have good reason to troll Dishonoured.

EDIT: The framerate was so low, that during those five minutes of gameplay, I only witnessed seventeen different frames.

Ajescent said:
AndrewWK said:

whoa...chill...

NOOOOOOO

People always claim EA and Activision are destroying the gaming industry, but that is not true. Those jerk offs are! I mean how much further can this go? Thretening the lives of the Ninja Theory guys for changing Dantes hair, ranting against Platinum because they are trying to survive. And now this! How pathetic is this?