By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 COD: Blops2 vs 360 Halo 4

BenVTrigger said:
Its possible though it will have 1 week less and Halo 4 is ahead in pre-orders by a considerable margin.

Could go either way. We won't really know though will we as NPD doesn't split the sales between 360 & PS3

is BO2 PS3 pre-orders over 1million?

Around the Network

A lot of people I know that don't buy Halo games all seem interested in getting Halo 4. I have faith Halo will outsell PS3 BLOPS2

I noticed something while comparing the numbers.

The Halo franchise and COD on the PS3 are actually remarkably close.

Halo (xbox/xbox360): 46.82m
COD (PS3): 46.46m

I fully expect Blops 2 to outsell Halo 4 in every way shape and form (every country, whichever system you want to compare to, and any time frame)

I expect FW sales of Halo 4 in the US to be roughly 2.8 million and Blops sales to be 3.2 million. However because Halo 4 has a extra week of being on sale in November I expect it to be a bit closer to Blops than it would have been . I would expect November sales to be roughly 3.8-4million for Halo 4 and Blops to be 4.5-5 million

yo_john117 said:

I fully expect Blops 2 to outsell Halo 4 in every way shape and form (every country, whichever system you want to compare to, and any time frame)

I expect FW sales of Halo 4 in the US to be roughly 2.8 million and Blops sales to be 3.2 million. However because Halo 4 has a extra week of being on sale in November I expect it to be a bit closer to Blops than it would have been . I would expect November sales to be roughly 3.8-4million for Halo 4 and Blops to be 4.5-5 million

Are you talking about Blops 2 on the PS3 only? Or Blops 2 (PS3/360 combined)? Combined of course it will outsell Halo 4, but just the PS3 version by itself it could be close in the U.S. especially in November.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
smbu2000 said:
yo_john117 said:

Are you talking about Blops 2 on the PS3 only? Or Blops 2 (PS3/360 combined)? Combined of course it will outsell Halo 4, but just the PS3 version by itself it could be close in the U.S. especially in November.

He is just talking about PS3 version. Because combined Blops2 will sell 10m in november.

i dont the point of comparing both

Halo 4 - Much better game, less sales because Cod is Cod.
Blops 2 - Good game, more sales because of brand name.

nah the xbox 360 versions already got over 1 million pre-orders

but the halo 4 preorders are looking good

but the halo 4 preorders are looking promising