By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 47 - HalloweenVille

Directed towards Trucks:

Day ends around 12:30 PM Eastern time, correct? I really hate not having EXACT time stamps.

Also, since double lynches are not allowed what happens if two players are tied in votes when the time limit is reached? Sorry if this has already been asked.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:
I thought it was weak compared to other points made. Also, I though it may have actually been mentioned before Nacho actually voiced the read, so yes I wanted to check the validity. If it turned out true it still would have been a minor point to me, as smeags taught me a lesson last round.

Why would you bother yourself in checking something you consider a weak argument?

In the mindset, I can see you reading it and saying "that's kind of a weak point, it was probably even mentioned somewhere earlier" and then checking the signups. But the problem I have with that is why would you answer the question for him, unless not only are you not willing to lynch a "newcomer" first day, but more importantly you don't consider him scum at all.

But if that's true, then why do you acknowledge other evidence against him?

Or maybe you're suspecting me, and using your counter-post as evidence? I'd be disappointed if you think you're on the right path there.

Because if it's valid than there's no harm done in you pointing it out. If untrue, then I wonder if it's something you forgot/missed or if you have an ulterior motive.

I did consider him more likely to be scum than town due to that 3xTown post, but now I have the feeling you've been pushing the points I've brought up to reinforce my suspicion:

Linkzmax said:
Nachomamma8 said:
RolStoppable is town, pezus is probably town, tabaha is town. Manbear and Spur will be hard reads for me because they troll a shitton, so we'll have to wait for those reads.
Voting for a time limit is a bad idea; there is no reason why we should not be able to come to a conclusion within a decent amount of time without one. The only benefit it offers is polarizing the town quicker, but then it's probably going to end up being a bad decision and no one wants that.

Vote: Yoshiya

You've since explained why you say pezus is town. But what's your reasoning on Rol and tabaha?

theprof00 said:
I dont like how he named so many, rol pezus and tabby. I mean, i agree, but something about it strikes me as odd. It comes across as someone who doesnt respect their own assumptions (as town)
Seems like a throwaway post.

I think, "why write that". A he wants to impress on his first post B its a throwaway.

And

Linkzmax said:

Nachomamma8 said:

Someone asked me to explain my other two town reads, I won't if you agree with me. If people are looking to push a case on someone, then sure I will explain but otherwise nope nope.

I asked you to explain your reads on Rol and tabaha, because at that point I would not have made such definitive calls. Tabaha had barely said anything at that point, and I've seen Rol's ability to blend in when scum.(albeit as third party) So I'm curious if you're town with actual reasons, town just trying to get reactions, or simply scum, in which case there are many possibilities for such statements.

theprof00 said:

Like I said, it's either he's (as town) trying to be impressive by coming to accurate conclusions very quickly, or he's trying to get reads (which is interesting that he says me questioning him gives him a town vibe)....OR
He's scum trying to make friends/seem important to keep around

So yes Nacho ranks pretty high on my list, but I'm wary about you now.

As for your list, I'm pretty neutral on pezus, but spurge tops mine.

There's no harm done? How about not being able to hear first hand what his answer would be?
You need to get out of other's way, eager beaver. You supposedly did it with tabaha earlier with your "gave up too easily" post, and now you're doing it to me.

Your first 'copy post':
Your question is meant to gauge his sincerity, while mine asks for motive.
In terms of the natural logical sequence, your question should come before mine, but I have no qualms about analyzing the posts myself and determining that he is insincere.

Your second 'copy post'
..is a joke.
I can literally repost and make it look like you copied me.

theprof00 said:
I dont like how he named so many, rol pezus and tabby. I mean, i agree, but something about it strikes me as odd. It comes across as someone who doesnt respect their own assumptions (as town)

I think, "why write that". A he wants to impress on his first post B its a throwaway.
Linkzmax said:

Nachomamma8 said:

Someone asked me to explain my other two town reads, I won't if you agree with me. If people are looking to push a case on someone, then sure I will explain but otherwise nope nope.

I asked you to explain your reads on Rol and tabaha, because at that point I would not have made such definitive calls. Tabaha had barely said anything at that point, and I've seen Rol's ability to blend in when scum.(albeit as third party) So I'm curious if you're town with actual reasons, town just trying to get reactions, or simply scum, in which case there are many possibilities for such statements.

It's like I'm reading a coded message...like you're responding directly to me but through a post to someone else. :D

spurgeonryan said:
Alright. So we do not drag this out. Please tell me why I am suspect number one on The Detective twins radar? Because you two are upset Trucks let me play against your word? Punishment?

You have no real reason, but just want to see a reaction. Here it is.

Prof: Why does pezus stand out to you as scum? Come on, go re-read the thread so that we know you are not just active lurking.

I've already made my thoughts clear on pezus. Maybe you need the re-read.

If it weren't nearly 1, I'd try to give you an answer.
You're going to have to wait on pins and needles I guess.

HoS: spurge

Perhaps him unvoting pezus is his way of trying to save his scumrade from the chop?

@stefl, I've never played before or signed up before.

The time of judgement is at hand...lets do what is right and end pezus' miserable existence once and for all.

#KILLSCUMZUS

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Unvote: Pezus

why unvoting him?

My scum list is: Spurge (because of his playstyle, poor/no points, and general fail. Though I'm not sure if that is him being scum, or just his playstyle.) ((Sorry Spurge :P))
Followed by Nacho (mainly because of the whole Yoshiya tunnelling then swift change when it is pointed out he looks scummy, along with a general feel)

Other things I'm watching is Prof and Linkz interaction, needs more analysis but I have school now. This doesnt necessarily mean i think they're scummy.

No large town feels yet.

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

theprof00 said:

There's no harm done? How about not being able to hear first hand what his answer would be?
You need to get out of other's way, eager beaver. You supposedly did it with tabaha earlier with your "gave up too easily" post, and now you're doing it to me.

Your first 'copy post':
Your question is meant to gauge his sincerity, while mine asks for motive.
In terms of the natural logical sequence, your question should come before mine, but I have no qualms about analyzing the posts myself and determining that he is insincere.

Your second 'copy post'
..is a joke.
I can literally repost and make it look like you copied me.

theprof00 said:

Linkzmax said:

Nachomamma8 said:

It's like I'm reading a coded message...like you're responding directly to me but through a post to someone else. :D

I meant if it was valid there was nothing for me to jump in with. Nacho has still plenty of explaining to do, and can still respond to your point though it's less meaningful now. The difference with tabaha is he(she?) could have kept up a charade in order to get the reaction from Stefl.

So "many possibilities [as scum]" qualifies as trying to impress and "throwaway"?

On another note- tabaha is posting a lot more and questioning then last game. This may just be because he has picked up his game. It may be because he is scum this time. I'm going to re-read all his posts.

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

spurgeonryan said:
Alright. So we do not drag this out. Please tell me why I am suspect number one on The Detective twins radar? Because you two are upset Trucks let me play against your word? Punishment?

You have no real reason, but just want to see a reaction. Here it is.

Prof: Why does pezus stand out to you as scum? Come on, go re-read the thread so that we know you are not just active lurking.

Apparently you don't care, but I gave you my reason earlier:

Linkzmax said:
spurgeonryan said:
@ linkz
No. You were trying to get a response. Man bear gave you one. Right?

I thought you meant I was trying to get a response by being tricky and deceptive. No, Trucks made it clear there can't be scumhunting based on character, I just think it's cool what I rolled, because way back in the day the people I used to RP with would call me a (Secret Agent) Vampire.

But I do think it's curious that you said I'm using tricks and deception to get a read on people, because that implies I'm town. You goofed, scum?

A point that you evaded:

spurgeonryan said:
No linkz. I am a wherewolf. So it seems all monsters are town.......