By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 47 - HalloweenVille

Linkzmax said:
man-bear-pig said:
I'm baffled that people aren't voting to kill pezus or nacho yet given that I've posted pretty conclusive arguments proving that both of them are scum. Perhaps the people who haven't voted for them yet are just protecting their scumrades, eh? ...Interesting.

#KILLSCUMZUS

You haven't posted a conclusive argument against pezus. The one thing you did say about him has been a running joke in VGC Mafia. Everything else is circular logic.

That may be true, but IF pezus was town then all the scum would've supported my accusation and voted to get rid of pezus. They didn't, and therefore pezus is scum. SCUM.

#KILLSCUMZUS

Around the Network
Yoshiya said:
Linkzmax said:
I'm not asking you to switch off of Nacho. I want to know what you make of DT, Rol, and MBP though. And spurge too since he hammered the time limit. I didn't vote pezus, but you can add your opinion on me for voting time limit if you like.

DT got on me quickly after Nacho did which I don't like, especially since I seem to remember him being like that last game. I want to hear more from him but I appreciate he has been out today. This doesn't tie in with my theory of him wanting a time limit to get a Pezus lynch but I can definitely see him thinking that Nacho's arguments would hold weight to get me votes before the time limit was up.

MBP seems really intent on going after Pezus but I can't tell if he is joking or seriously trying to go after him. It's hard to read him :/

Rol it appears I need to reread, I was pre-occupied with Nacho instead so I haven't been watching him.

As to you, I don't suspect you of anything yet, you are neutral in my mind. I am not suspicious of the people voting time limit, I am suspicious of the people voting time limit and Pezus. This reasoning also applies to Spurge for obvious reasons.

I got on you because so much defensiveness from a day 1 random vote, with ridiculously bad reasoning. Rather then just brush it off as just that, knowing you could easily discredit the argument later, you immediately started demanding reasonings. What do you have to hide my friend? 

I'm still suspicious of you, but not necessarily from a scum read. Now i think you just have some sort of role. FF summed my views up pretty well with this post http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4828415 Not to mention Nacho's sudden shift of tunneling when it is pointed out its making him look suspicious. If he really had a strong read on you as he was suggesting, i doubt he would do that. My feelings towards Nacho at the moment is that he is just looking for a lynch suspect day one.  I'm tempted to vote him, but i'd be flipping around my vote loads, so I'll safe it to when it makes a difference. 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

Stefl1504 said:
Also, DarkT and man-bear, regarding the time-limit, what is your reasoning for voting for it?

I said preliminary reasons here http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4827623 -last game it dragged on too long, and from my experience as the deadline approaches, people reveal information if their undersuspicion or if a scummate is. I was also anticipating at least another day before someone actually implemented timelimit. When i voted that i was the forth vote. By my understanding at least 33% of players need to vote timelimit - so by calculations a minimum of 4.6 people are needed to vote- so basically 5. 

Yet in the table: 

TruckOSaurus said:

VOTALS

L-7
L-6
L-5
L-4
L-3
L-2
L-1
Lynch
prof

RolStoppable pezus

pezus man-bear-pig spurgeonryan

Yoshiya Nachomamma8 RolStoppable            
spurgeonryan pezus DarkThanatos            
man-bear-pig Final-Fan              
Nachomamma8 Yoshiya              

Timelimit: RolStoppable, man-bear-pig, Linkzmax, DarkThanatos

Voting history (for player)

theProf00: RolStoppable
RolStoppable: pezus
pezus : DarkThanatosRolStoppable, man-bear-pig, spurgeonryan
Yoshiya: Nachomamma8, RolStoppable
spurgeonryan: pezus, DarkThanatos
man-bear-pig: Final-Fan
Nachomamma8: Yoshiya

Voting history (by player)

RolStoppable: theProf00pezus, Yoshiya
pezus: RolStoppable, spurgeonryan
DarkThanatos: pezus, spurgeonryan
man-bear-pig: pezus
spurgeonryan: pezus
Nachomamma8: Yoshiya
Final-Fan: man-bear-pig
Yoshiya: Nachomamma8

Only 4 people voted timelimit, and noone voted between then and when the timelimit was implemented. 

Is there a secret voter? (I have no idea if this exists, but someone who PMs his vote to the host, instead of publicly?) Or is there just a mistake in the table? (Or am i just being a dipshit with maths) 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

man-bear-pig said:
Linkzmax said:
man-bear-pig said:
I'm baffled that people aren't voting to kill pezus or nacho yet given that I've posted pretty conclusive arguments proving that both of them are scum. Perhaps the people who haven't voted for them yet are just protecting their scumrades, eh? ...Interesting.

#KILLSCUMZUS

You haven't posted a conclusive argument against pezus. The one thing you did say about him has been a running joke in VGC Mafia. Everything else is circular logic.

That may be true, but IF pezus was town then all the scum would've supported my accusation and voted to get rid of pezus. They didn't, and therefore pezus is scum. SCUM.

#KILLSCUMZUS

What makes you say Rol, MBP, and spurge aren't scum that tried to do exactly that?

Unvote man-bear-pig

@ Nacho: I hope that vote was just to see how I'd react to it. Otherwise, pathetic.

Buy you know what? You didn't explain the discrepancy Yoshiya pointed out. An unvote doesn't erase a slip.

Wish granted.

Vote Nachomamma8

It would be silly of me to NOT vote you just because you may have been trying to goad a vote out of me.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

@DT: Check the more recent table. spurge hammered the time limit.

Ooops, I meant DT.

Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
How is that in Mario's face?

He incorrectly predicted that I would want to vote time limit already.  I don't yet see that as necessary. 

Ahhh I missed that at the end of the last page. I thought you were making some reference to http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4828051 which would have been very odd.

Not that I don't like the change in the grand scheme of things, but why no usual No Lynch vote?

I've been voting NL partly to see how people react (although that didn't seem to work and would have been getting ineffective anyway), partly in a (futile) attempt to shorten the interminable first days of those games, and sometimes even because I actually wanted No Lynch on the first Day.  This game is thankfully shaping up quite differently, so I approached it differently by throwing a vote on MBP, who (I've since determined), despite a somewhat alarming level of jokeyness, seems to be contributing well. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

supermario128 said:
tabaha said:

this is giving me a bit of scum feeling from supermario128 and pezus. having mario defending pezus this much doesn't feel right. I don't think someone who doesn't know pezus' role would defend him and attack the one who suspects him in this way. But hey, I might be wrong

I never defended Pezus, nor did I defend Prof.

Then you go on to say "defend him THIS MUCH". Even if you misinterpreted one post how does that equate to me defending him a lot?

Again, I'm not defending anyone, but yes, I am going after a few people. It is the best way to get reads.

Indeed. You can always be wrong no matter what you say. So, why did you feel the need to write you could be wrong? Isn't that point obvious already?

let me explain my "defend him THIS MUCH". It was a short way of : "defending him a way that involves (is this the correct english word?) accusing the one who is acccusing him".

About the "But hey, I might be wrong" it's just to make sure that people understand that I'm not going to blindly trust on that option. It is one way of thinking, and to me it feels the best way, but I can never be sure. Or should I had just omitted it and then 9001 posts complaining on how heavily focused on them i was?

Linkzmax said:
man-bear-pig said:
Linkzmax said:
man-bear-pig said:

#KILLSCUMZUS

#KILLSCUMZUS

What makes you say Rol, MBP, and spurge aren't scum that tried to do exactly that?

Rol originally voted for pezus to distance himself from him (because they're both scum), but once everyone else started to jump on the bandwagon Rol changed his vote to Yoshi (who is town) because he didn't want to lose his scumrade pezus.