By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Repackages FIFA 12 as FIFA 13

hsrob said:

If there was a genre where I can see paid DLC being justifiable, it's for sports. Release the base game at the start of the generation, build a really good engine from the outset and then once a year charge people $10-20 for updated rosters, player stats, game play tweaks etc.

I'm not saying this is the best way to go but better than charging people $50+ per year for updated, rosters, player stats etc.

Digital Distribution isn't that maintream yet for that to be profitable.(at least not on consoles)

People get bored of games, sometimes a a little tweaks and a "re-skin" is all it takes to get them back into the game.

Around the Network

Someone already posted what I was going to say. Carry on...

And people thought it was overzealous to call EA's integrity into question?

Is it still unlikely that EA has released PURPOSELY GIMPED games during the past generation with complete knowledge of the repercussions?

Fuck the sugar-coating, the company is highly suspect. Gamers can support this kind of sheepish trash if they want, but the rest of the people with some dignity should abandon support of this company at all costs.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

VGKing said:
hsrob said:

If there was a genre where I can see paid DLC being justifiable, it's for sports. Release the base game at the start of the generation, build a really good engine from the outset and then once a year charge people $10-20 for updated rosters, player stats, game play tweaks etc.

I'm not saying this is the best way to go but better than charging people $50+ per year for updated, rosters, player stats etc.

Digital Distribution isn't that maintream yet for that to be profitable.(at least not on consoles)

People get bored of games, sometimes a a little tweaks and a "re-skin" is all it takes to get them back into the game.

Absolutely, but I'm willing to bet EA won't go that route even when it is feasible.

EA had the opportunity to release this game at a discounted price, not release the game if they didn't have sufficient time and resources, provide advance copies for review or by some other means actually let people know what they were buying. They didn't and by any reasonable measure this should not be a full priced release.