By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is the worship of God really necessary?

You have never played Populous, right?

Around the Network

Your top four points are good advice for being a good person and not harboring anger.

They don't necessary have anything to do with worshiping or not worshiping a God. Religion is the place that you learned them, but other people can get the same lesson from other sources.

Worship God if it is the thing you thank you should do.

This post does have me thinking we don't thank the Game Creators, the Hardware Makers, Hardware Designers, etc. nearly enough. (Unless you count paying them.) Thanks people that bring us games!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

neerdowell said:
The issue here is that you assume your own notion of morality supersedes God's, which is very debatable. You state your own interpretation, of what many consider a subjective matter, as if it is fact - namely that God's desire of absolute devotion is an undesirable characteristic.

Personally, I would agree with you; however, that is nothing more than a personal opinion and I can not hold God accountable to my own standard of morality. Unless of course I knew that my own standard of morality was indeed the one true standard; however, I don't believe in one true standard of morality as I lack any good argument for one (either my own or anyone else's).

Now, if you wished to indicate the inconsistency within God's own system of morality, which there are many arguments for, you would have a much stronger argument.

Well, no. I did not wish to indicate an inconsistency within God's system of morality. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts on the matter, and I expect many to disagree with me and my views. If people feel like God deserve to be worshipped and valued above family, friends and everything else in this world then that's their business, and I respect that.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
DélioPT said:

Maybe you should rethink your view on why He guided Abraham - He does know everything doesn`t He?  Someone who is only good can not do evil. That`s what was shown with Jesus death, for example. Only God was pure to saves us, and, why would God, who doesn`t "need" us, save us, if not out of love?

Does he? In that case, he knew about every single person who would go to hell before they ever did. He also knew about every single person who would go through nothing but pain throughout their entire lives.

If he truly knew about those people... Would it not be cruel to decide to create them in the first place?

No.
Saying that God knows the outcome is only half the truth. Your forget the part where God knows what people did and how He tried to put them on the right path. Heaven or hell or paths that people choose and have to face the consequences of their actions. To those who went to hell, God gave them the greatest gift of them all, people just threw it away because they wanted to.

we are all free to chose our own way, that's why we have free will but angels don't as they are created to obey gods orders!

you have heaven and you have hell so you either choose to obey and follow what he wants you to follow or you will go to hell its as simple as that really.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Does he? In that case, he knew about every single person who would go to hell before they ever did. He also knew about every single person who would go through nothing but pain throughout their entire lives.

If he truly knew about those people... Would it not be cruel to decide to create them in the first place?

No.
Saying that God knows the outcome is only half the truth. Your forget the part where God knows what people did and how He tried to put them on the right path. Heaven or hell or paths that people choose and have to face the consequences of their actions. To those who went to hell, God gave them the greatest gift of them all, people just threw it away because they wanted to.

I understand that, but fact remains: God knew exactly who would go to hell and who would live through major pain throughout their lives before they existed. To me, creating them in the first place is cruel. I wouldn't adopt kittens if I knew I couldn't afford buying them food, or if I somehow (through divine powers) knew that they would not eat the food that I had to offer. In that case, it would be cruel to adopt them, as I see it.

Roma said:
we are all free to chose our own way, that's why we have free will but angels don't as they are created to obey gods orders!

you have heaven and you have hell so you either choose to obey and follow what he wants you to follow or you will go to hell its as simple as that really.

It's not that simple, you are muslim and you are gay. How is that working for you? are you gonna go hook up with women because god said so?

Has anyone here ever read the full original version of the ten commandmends?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Cub said:
Roma said:

It's not that simple, you are muslim and you are gay. How is that working for you? are you gonna go hook up with women because god said so?

good question :)

you know I left god and I stopped praying because I thought that being gay and muslim does not work but this is completely wrong and only people with lack of knowledge think this! the fact of the matter is you can be gay as long as you do not act upon these feelings and be sexually with guys. having sex at all with the opposite sex that you are not married to is wrong as well! leaving god made my life worse than tbh. the life style is mentally destructive unless you have no feelings of course (this is my opinion of my life and what I have seen in other peoples lives).

after watching a couple of youtube videos about people converting to islam or people who love to do certain things in their lives stop doing these things to please god and in the end get rewarded. now if these people can do these things and they are not even arabs and do not have a muslim background can do this why can't I? I mean I have a muslim background but stopped because I did not accept gods conditions of me being gay! then I asked myself who the hell I was to say that what god says is wrong? he created me and therefore he tells me what is right and what is wrong!

being gay is not something I choose so I can't change it what I can do though is accept the challenge and doing so i will be obeying gods words and not have sex with other guys. and no I will not hook up with girls as that is wrong as well! if I ever feel that I am ready to get to know a girl then my parents are ready as they know I am gay and they have accepted my terms. also I consider what she will feel if I do not treat her well in bed for instance as she is a human as well and needs to be treated equally or I will be punished for it. so no do until/if ever become ready to take that step.

I have accepted the challenge and i feel a lot better and closer to god than i ever was before :) l7amdolilah

you speak of gods words as they are simple? remember that he created you and he can do whatever he wants with you!

sorry for the long post i just felt i had to explain a few things also i did not read through it again so mistakes might have been made :p

cheers!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
DélioPT said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

No.

I understand that, but fact remains: God knew exactly who would go to hell and who would live through major pain throughout their lives before they existed. To me, creating them in the first place is cruel. I wouldn't adopt kittens if I knew I couldn't afford buying them food, or if I somehow (through divine powers) knew that they would not eat the food that I had to offer. In that case, it would be cruel to adopt them, as I see it.

The pain only comes after something wrong is done.
From your point of view there would be no life as people would suffer. So you`d rather throw something good away because of the pain that could be avoided?