By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata Asks: Wii U (Hardware Devs + A look Inside the Wii U hardware)

Man, that's too much for me to read!!! I'll wait until someone breaks it down for me ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Wow, that's one small mainboard.

The Super-Slim now looks Big-Ass to me.

Nintendo always do good hardware design.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

There's so much empty space on that tiny PCB. And look at that CPU! It's minuscule.

Also:

Shiota: Yes. The designers were already incredibly familiar with the Wii, so without getting hung up on the two machines' completely different structures, they came up with ideas we would never have thought of. There were times when you would usually just incorporate both the Wii U and Wii circuits, like 1+1. But instead of just adding like that, they adjusted the new parts added to Wii U so they could be used for Wii as well.

There's still hope (small, very small) that WiiU could be able to upscale Wii games to HD resolutions.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

There's so much empty space on that tiny PCB. And look at that CPU! It's minuscule.

Also:

Shiota: Yes. The designers were already incredibly familiar with the Wii, so without getting hung up on the two machines' completely different structures, they came up with ideas we would never have thought of. There were times when you would usually just incorporate both the Wii U and Wii circuits, like 1+1. But instead of just adding like that, they adjusted the new parts added to Wii U so they could be used for Wii as well.

There's still hope (small, very small) that WiiU could be able to upscale Wii games to HD resolutions.

:-O

that

would

be

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Iwata

Not many devices out there come with an HDMI™ cable yet.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I'm amazed at how much empty space there is, there's hardly anything on it for a next gen system. It's a miracle of moern microfabrication techniques and excellent electronic design methods. Kudos to Nintendo for this! As someone said before, get rid of the disc drive and use flash memory cartridges like in the 3DS, this would cut out a lot of space and make it even smaller.

@DanneSandin : Don't get too excited.

I'm only saying that because until now we supposed that they would use the chips from the Wii to make it 100% backwards compatible, so the upscaling thing would be almost impossible. But if they have been able to bring the necessary intructions to the WiiU hardware to make that compatibility work, then there is the chance that they can use the extra power of the new hardware to do the upscaling.

But, as I said, don't get too excited.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The Nintendo way: make it small, reliable, cool, efficient and quiet THE FIRST TIME.

I'd prefer a console without a disc drive as well, as stated on page 1. But yeah, wishes...