By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why shouldn't the Vita be considered dead?

So why should the Vita be considered not dead but the Wii be considered dead when it has so far sold more than the Vita this year and could very well sell more this holiday? The Wii is about to be replaced by the WiiU but for all we know the Vita could continue to fail hard like its been doing and be dropped like the dreamcast was. It is selling worse than the Dreamcast so why should I assume it will do better and no I don't care about what you think will happen in the future because I can have alot of wishful thinking for the WIi as well. Like its gonna start selling to a whole another demographic interested in a cheap platform or its gonna sell to developing economies like the PS2 is doing. The point is I don't care about if you think the Vita will do better eventually I only care about how its doing currently and thats called performing poorly.

Around the Network

The vita is still getting tons of great games. Sure it is selling like it was dead but it's still being supported. No one makes Wii games anymore so that is the reason it is considered dieing.

Is too soon to call it dead.

Joe
no matter if games come or not for the Wii
its still selling a lot of sw

Because Senran Kagura... BELIEVE.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:

The vita is still getting tons of great games. Sure it is selling like it was dead but it's still being supported. No one makes Wii games anymore so that is the reason it is considered dieing.

@bold Are you sure about that? Im certain what the Wii will get this year will sell more than the Vita's exclusives combined lol, thats what i would call a dead platform.

Rafux said:
Is too soon to call it dead.

Its to soon to call the Wii dead, it does have a price cut left. It also has yet to be released in plenty of developing countries.

DieAppleDie said:
Joe
no matter if games come or not for the Wii
its still selling a lot of sw

This

Because its still getting new games not tons of them like JoeTheBro says but enough to not call it dead yet.

Handhelds are held to a different standard than consoles because they do not sell as much. PS2 sold more than DS. Wii sold more than PSP. Gamecube sold more than 3ds. Not a hard concept.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius