By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 5 month gone, only 6.5 mln. difference ps3 vs x360 =)

StarcraftManiac said:

@ CrazzyMa, Are you afraid to add the Wii sale numbers because they poown PS3 and X360 combined?! Cmon now, you say 'Because wii can't deliver graphics, it doesn't matter to me'... Not to you, but to the rest of the world, including game developers it does! AND IT SURE DOES EFFECT SALES OF X360 AND PS3..

Or (DO YOU) Think Wii doesn't matter, cause i think it Does, AND IM PRETTY SURE IT DOES!!!

P.S: Not trying to flame, bash or insult people... Just trying to get that stupid idea of people thinking Wii doesn't matter (They think its a fadand : HAHAHA! :P, srry...) out of their head....

I do think that the wii is going to win on consoles sales but is not a current generation console, but it dosen't matter is going to win because lots of new comers to the video games (not all don't get ofended nintendo fans), and I thank nintendo for that, bigger market=more money=better games, but it is a different thing  and I still think that between 360 and PS3 sales are going to be> than PS2 and xbox sales. So he can compare 2 instead on three if he wants.

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:

Just for example, in march 2002:

http://vgchartz.com/worldcons.php?date=37316&sort=0PS2 -  28.68 mln.Xbox -  3.08 mln.

Ok First off this is a comparison of the PS2 to X-box sales  worldwide. I think what CrazzyMan might bec trying to convey is the orginal X-Box was much worse off compared to the PS2 than the PS3 is against the 360. The Wii doesn't factor in because noone is replacing the desire for a "next gen system" with a Wii. The Wii is a system that is going to be a secondary system for the people who want the graphics and capabilities of a PS3 or 360. If the Wii wasn't meant to be designed for non traditional gamers it would not have been Marketed towards them.

There is alot of Doom coming up considering the PS3. Much of it is probly fabricated by people who already have a different system. The fact is there is desire for the PS3. People that own a PS2 want to play the sequels of games that will only be on Playstation. I would venture to say that no other game system could have sold over 3 million consoles at $600. That says something about the loyalty Sony has built and the consumer confidence in a brand name

You hear alot tht the PS3 is selling just because of the "playstation" name. Thats not a bad thing . It means people are willing to stand by it because it has not let them down. In my opinion microsoft let people down with the original X-box (4 year lifespan is pathetic).  PS2 still sells very well.

With that all being said I believe it is Sony's job to close the gap and in time they will.  

Diomedes1976 said:

Well the calculation must be done from the day prior to the PS3 release to today .And the PS3 has made a dent of 500K consoles .Not bad ,but hardly a big deal .

The 360 has increased its lead by 476,960 since the PS3 launch in Nov 2006. 

360 sales in US and Japan were 3,078,069 when the PS3 launched.  So a lead of 3,078,069. 360 sales in the US and Japan are now at 5,581,578 and the PS3 is at 2,026,549.  So the 360 now has a 3,555,029 lead an INCREASE of 476,960. 

The PS2, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii are all "current gen" consoles, because they are all viable solutions for releasing games on, depending on what market(s) you will be selling your games to.  "Next gen" is PS4/Xbox720/Wii2.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

NortStar, +100.

I am not talking abot lead, i talk only about difference. Today difference is only 6.5 mln., while in ps2/xbox was 25 mln. That is my point - 6.5 mln. is not a lead, compared to 25 mln.

Today difference between ps2 and xbox is 85 mln. My point, that 6.5 mln. it`s just nothing compared to long term of console life.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
vanguardian1 said:
The PS2, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii are all "current gen" consoles, because they are all viable solutions for releasing games on, depending on what market(s) you will be selling your games to.  "Next gen" is PS4/Xbox720/Wii2.

if thats true then Sony is still mopping up the competition,but the topic is PS3 vs 360 sales. More than likely due to the fact alot of 360 fans call the PS3 a failing console. These are just numbers stating that there is not even a clear winner let alone a failure. there is no huge lead and demand for wii will not carry it to PS2 numbers in it's 1-2nd year

If the concensus is PS2 is a 2 generation console maybe the PS2 numbers sould be added to the "next gen wars" graph?

Lock this down mods because nothing good will come of it.