By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 5 month gone, only 6.5 mln. difference ps3 vs x360 =)

The Sony fanboys have been doing a lot of these flat earth arguments lately. By flat earth, I mean that if you limit the parameters of your observation, you can prove the earth is flat.

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:

@ CrazzyMa, Are you afraid to add the Wii sale numbers because they poown PS3 and X360 combined?! Cmon now, you say 'Because wii can't deliver graphics, it doesn't matter to me'... Not to you, but to the rest of the world, including game developers it does! AND IT SURE DOES EFFECT SALES OF X360 AND PS3..

Or (DO YOU) Think Wii doesn't matter, cause i think it Does, AND IM PRETTY SURE IT DOES!!!

P.S: Not trying to flame, bash or insult people... Just trying to get that stupid idea of people thinking Wii doesn't matter (They think its a fad: HAHAHA! :P, srry...) out of their head....

It does matter but its also not focusing on the same market. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

CrazzyMan said:

Just try to think with brains(if you have them).

I speak about worldwide sales, it has passed some time, to make a little conclusions. =)

p.s. i want great graphics, i can chose only between 2 consoles - xbox360 and ps3, so i don`t care how much is selling console, which can`t me impress with graphics as much as x360/ps3.

p.p.s. lamers, get lost, this topic is about ps3 and xbox360 sales today, not 1 year ago or 5 month ago.

Right now PS3 is doing nothing to stop the 360 lead, it is doing nothing to really close the gap. As for saying that PS3 has the best graphics, so far it doesn't.

StarcraftManiac, LOL. Maybe i should also add mobile phone sales, because they also play games???

Again, name me consoles which can run UE3.0 engine. Only x360/ps3. Do you care how much game series of Sims are selling?

Do you also compare sales of planes with cars? Cars can`t fly, you understand that? Wii can`t do UE3.0.  So it can sell 1 bln. i doesn`t matter, it still can`t play games with advanced graphics. Wii sales are imptortant for casual gamers, i am not one of them, so why shoul i care? 

LordTheNightKnight, so after half a year xbox360 should reach 28 mln. sales?

johnsobas, both consoles doing bad sales. And that`s why we have the fact - only 6,5 mln. is the gap today, since ps3 started selling worldwide.

Andrew, just try to play MotorStorm - the most best looking racing game by all respected reviewers.

Right now xbox360 is doing nothing to increase the 360 lead, it is doing nothing to really increase the gap.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:

p.p.s. lamers, get lost, this topic is about ps3 and xbox360 sales today, not 1 year ago or 5 month ago.

Hey, you're the one that brought up PS2 vs xbox from 5 years ago.

You're also the one manipulating the numbers to show that the xbox lead went from 8.5 million to 6.5 million in 5 months, implying that the PS3 is gaining on the xbox

Fact is PS3 sold less than the 360, worldwide, in the first 5 months.  Where the 360 had 4 months of shortages, causing it to miss massive sales opportunities during holiday '05, PS3 had about one month of shortage.  It was actually not hard to find before x-mas. 

I was tempted to buy one because they were charging the same for PS3 as the Wii in Chinatown unbundled ($599), but it was just way too much money.  So, I waited a month to get the Wii at regular price from Target on a Sunday morning (7:45).

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:

StarcraftManiac, LOL. Maybe i should also add mobile phone sales, because they also play games???

Again, name me consoles which can run UE3.0 engine. Only x360/ps3. Do you care how much game series of Sims are selling?

Do you also compare sales of planes with cars? Cars can`t fly, you understand that? Wii can`t do UE3.0. So it can sell 1 bln. i doesn`t matter, it still can`t play games with advanced graphics. Wii sales are imptortant for casual gamers, i am not one of them, so why shoul i care?

LordTheNightKnight, so after half a year xbox360 should reach 28 mln. sales?

johnsobas, both consoles doing bad sales. And that`s why we have the fact - only 6,5 mln. is the gap today, since ps3 started selling worldwide.

Andrew, just try to play MotorStorm - the most best looking racing game by all respected reviewers.

Right now xbox360 is doing nothing to increase the 360 lead, it is doing nothing to really increase the gap.

I also pointed out that the PS2 followed a blockbuster system, while the 360 followed a system with a much smaller following.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

CrazzyMan said:

Again, name me consoles which can run UE3.0 engine. Only x360/ps3. Do you care how much game series of Sims are selling?

Do you also compare sales of planes with cars? Cars can`t fly, you understand that? Wii can`t do UE3.0.  So it can sell 1 bln. i doesn`t matter, it still can`t play games with advanced graphics. Wii sales are imptortant for casual gamers, i am not one of them, so why shoul i care? 

LordTheNightKnight, so after half a year xbox360 should reach 28 mln. sales?

johnsobas, both consoles doing bad sales. And that`s why we have the fact - only 6,5 mln. is the gap today, since ps3 started selling worldwide.

Andrew, just try to play MotorStorm - the most best looking racing game by all respected reviewers.

Right now xbox360 is doing nothing to increase the 360 lead, it is doing nothing to really increase the gap.

So you admit you are a graphics whore.  Real life looks much better. Why don't you try that and leave the discussions to the people who play games because they are fun.

I've always bought hardware/consoles for the games, never anything else.  This last gen proved that to me that all of the technical achievements in the world have nothing to do with offering a "good game".

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

360 sales in US and Japan were 3,078,069 when the PS3 launched.  So a lead of 3,078,069. 360 sales in the US and Japan are now at 5,581,578 and the PS3 is at 2,026,549.  So the 360 now has a 3,555,029 lead an INCREASE of 476,960. 

Well the calculation must be done from the day prior to the PS3 release to today .And the PS3 has made a dent of 500K consoles .Not bad ,but hardly a big deal .

The issue will come in some months when games start rolling for the PS3 in Japan .For 2007 there has been some 6 games released for the PS3 if my memory serves me well ;VF5 ,Virtua tennis 3 ,Gundam Mussou ,Mist of Chaos ,Pro Baseball Spirits 4 and a horse races game .Once the Ninja Gaiden Sigma ,Hot SHots Golf 5 ,Folksouls,Bladestorm ,Fatal Inertia  and the rest of the japanese support start to point its nose sale will increase big time .Thats when we will see the PS3 making monthly dents to the X360 lead .That and when and if Sony drops the price ...a 499 PS3 versus a 479 X360 Elite could see some surprises even in the NA sales .