By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are republicans delusional? or is it just fox news?

easyrider said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
politics!!!!!!!!!!

well i see by your post count/points that you seem somewhat new so welcome to the site.

i thought those type of pic's were ok, but we did have some rule changes about 4-7 months ago, because someone was bitching about our gay user's having pic's of men, or user's having pic's of men or something like that.

anyway back on topic. yes republi-cant's are delusional, and twist the facts very well unfortunatly.

and i'll repeat wht iv'e said in the past. people are stupid, because they don't fact check, and just belive wht they hear.

This fits right into my thread. So people are mad by some dude or are there scared they actually are turned on by the pics. Seems in line with there politics. Hate the gays, gods and guns. LOL I actually been here since 2010 but have been off and on. I stayed away for some time because of this. Funny it was the one that is always in political dicussions to do it.  However I do believe they are delusional.

Bwahahaha. Yes, our largely British team really has it out for liberals and Obama supporters!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
the2real4mafol said:
HappySqurriel said:
the2real4mafol said:

. eg fox/msnbc are conservative while CNN are more liberal on matters. I don't know but I think these channels should be forced to change their names for example from fox news to fox opinion, because that what it really is, it is not news at all.

Er.... MSNBC is extremely liberal.

Their station tagline is "lean foward."

MSNBC and CNN are both liberal leaning.

My bad 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Kasz216 said:

First off... generally the censoring of "sexy pictures" is a liberal thing... done because of the inherent sexism in such objectifying pictures.

... Second off I don't think Amp visits the political section... and the whole "Sexy picture" avatar thing has something that's gone on website wide.

There is also the conservative religious fundamentalists that also want sexy pictures banned.   Go into the mideast and you will see them fuming at the west for having women in bikinis on TV.

Wonderfully skewed picture. Republicans are about as delusional as you are. Badgenome and others have already called you on it, but to re-cap:

1. Congress controls writing the budget.
2. The president then signs it into law.
3. Therefore, both sides are responsible for the budget, not just the president.

Badgenone gave you a good chart. There are other charts out there that explain it similarly. Both sides of the fence have increased the deficit at insane rates. The only time there was any real deficit reduction was under Clinton/Republican legislature in '96-00. Otherwise, you can easily pull enough data out that would state that both sides are pretty bad.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

There are a whole lot of other factors in this, really. Some of these things aren't really controllable, while others are. Some look like obvious and stupid mistakes, but almost always in hindsight. How many people thought Obama's plans (in the beginning) were a horrible idea until AFTER they were put through and our economy didn't see significant improvement? Same can be said about Bush and Clinton as well. When things go wrong, then everything looks like a bad idea, even when they aren't really. Such as this "Obamacare" thing, or PPACA. Most people bash the living hell out of it without knowing anything about what it is. For those of you who want a general idea, http://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/vb8vs/eli5_what_exactly_is_obamacare_and_what_did_it/c530lfx this will help.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:

First off... generally the censoring of "sexy pictures" is a liberal thing... done because of the inherent sexism in such objectifying pictures.

... Second off I don't think Amp visits the political section... and the whole "Sexy picture" avatar thing has something that's gone on website wide.

There is also the conservative religious fundamentalists that also want sexy pictures banned.   Go into the mideast and you will see them fuming at the west for having women in bikinis on TV.

True, but not really relevent to western society as much, let alone this website... hard to argue this website is moderated by western conservative muslims.

Even most "right wing" people you'd consdier on this site are more libretarian then rightwing... aka, fiscally liberal socially, conservative... espiecally when it comes to moderations.

Heck, a lot of socially conservative positions are generally hit up for trolling very quickly if it goes even slightly out of line. (generally for good reasons.)  While essentially in the arguement to get moderated a liberal person has to go ridiculiously spastic calling someone a dumb bigot or something to receive moderation.

Oh, and here's the data since 1970, broken down by year/ect from http://www.davemanuel.com/history-of-deficits-and-surpluses-in-the-united-states.php:

Debt Added...

By Presidential Party:

• Republicans - $4,476 Billion USD (27 Years) - $167 Billion Average Deficit
  • Democrats - $5,527 Billion USD (16 Years) - $345 Billion Average Deficit

By Control of Legislature:

• Full Control by Democrats - $5,448 Billion USD (23 Years) - $237 Billion Average Deficit
  • Full Control by Republicans - $1,219 Billion USD (10 Years) - $121 Billion Average Deficit
  • Split Control - $3,464 Billion USD (10 Years) - $346 Billion Average Deficit

By Full Control of Legislature/Presidency:

• Full Control by Democrats - $3,393 Billion USD (8 Years) - $424 Billion Average Deficit
  • Full Control by Republicans - $1,357 Billion USD (4 Years) - $339 Billion Average Deficit

>66% Control of Legislature and/or Presidency:

• >66% Control by Democrats - $5,448 Billion USD (23 Years) - $237 Billion Average Deficit
  • >66% Control by Republicans - $2,284 Billion USD (18 Years) - $127 Billion Average Deficit

So, if you break it down by about any margin since 1970 and include 2012 (the most recent year for data), its pretty grim towards Democrats. I'd reccomend that you try not to use charts and graphs that are heavily biased, and use partial information to skew facts towards a certain viewpoint.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

The only reason people question the polls is because the models many polsters have adopted are overly positive for Obama in the predicted turnout, not because Romney was behind. Basically, they were acting as if there is going to be an even larger turnout of Democrats compared to Republicans, and even Independents, than there was in '08. I haven't even heard any serious Democrat pundit predict that this will be the case, not when voter enthusiasm is on the Republican's side.

mrstickball said:
Wonderfully skewed picture. Republicans are about as delusional as you are. Badgenome and others have already called you on it, but to re-cap:

1. Congress controls writing the budget.
2. The president then signs it into law.
3. Therefore, both sides are responsible for the budget, not just the president.

Badgenone gave you a good chart. There are other charts out there that explain it similarly. Both sides of the fence have increased the deficit at insane rates. The only time there was any real deficit reduction was under Clinton/Republican legislature in '96-00. Otherwise, you can easily pull enough data out that would state that both sides are pretty bad.

Pork is what gets people reelected in congress.  For all the bantering about budget deficit, individuals in congress don't get elected on reigning in the deficit.  Oh, there is the Tea Party fuming that has some impact.  But the reality is that there is this divide between what people pay and what they get, and the impact of both.  You run into the Craig T Nelson problem where you end up thinking the government doesn't really do anything for them, but does.  And then you protest with things like "Keep the government off my Medicare".  Starve the Beast mentality also resulted in cutting taxes and increasing spending to, because no one believes that they are a problem.  You see a big picture of this with the Red States, who demand less government, reigning in spending and so on, getting more from Washington than they pay in.

Issue now is that government spending is what it is, but revenues declined.  Rate of growth in government spending has been slowing down a lot.  It is just the economy hasn't recovered as it normally would.  Faced with a slow economy, demands for governmen services increase also.

Kasz216 said:
richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:

True, but not really relevent to western society as much, let alone this website... hard to argue this website is moderated by western conservative muslims.

Even most "right wing" people you'd consdier on this site are more libretarian then rightwing... aka, fiscally liberal socially, conservative... espiecally when it comes to moderations.

Heck, a lot of socially conservative positions are generally hit up for trolling very quickly if it goes even slightly out of line. (generally for good reasons.)  While essentially in the arguement to get moderated a liberal person has to go ridiculiously spastic calling someone a dumb bigot or something to receive moderation.

It would be a lot better to label these as "Libertarian" rather than "Conservative".  It seems now the in thing is to bash the word "liberal" and anything that looks liberal.