By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kevin Butler Mario Kart Commercial leads to Sony Suing him

How much money can Sony get from suing one guy? This is just silly imo

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

lol Sony is pretty desperate 

chapset said:
wUUUUUUUUUUUUUUt
bad move again Sony

Yea going against the most successful mascot that sony has ever or should I say, the best I have ever seen.  I hate sony and butler almost had me wanting one by the end of the commercial. Bad move for sure. Also I would like to add that your avatar always gets me to stop and take a look. Your stopping my progress everytime I see your post. LOL She is smoking hot. very nice. My girl thinks so as well and she is picky however always works in my favor. 

Kasz216 said:
And the history of pointless counter productive asshole lawsuits by Sony continues.

Let me mark this as one of the few times I agree with you. We are making progress but I want  you to take me out for dinner and a drink before we move forward. LOL

HAHAHA WOW, this can't possibly be serious... Can it?

Around the Network

Even if Sony has a case, why are they wasting their time and money on this sh*t?

All activity in and around Sony should be focussed on securing the future. Not on this pointly stuff.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Even if Sony has a case, why are they wasting their time and money on this sh*t?

All activity in and around Sony should be focussed on securing the future. Not on this pointly stuff.

Because there is nothing more Sony likes then counterproductive costly lawsuits. 

I mean, they sued someone who taught their Aibo dogs how to dance leading to a huge upswing in sales.

Oh my, how dumb can they be?
Sony must fire its PR and legal office execs.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Typical Sony (unfortunately.) I remember at one time they were every trying to say that Forrest Gump didn't make any money cause they didn't want to pay the producer or director (something like that) their big bonus. (It was like the 4th biggest money maker of all time when it came out. It made over 650 million off a budget of 55 million.)

Now, usually commercials come with a one year non-compete clause. But I haven't seen one of his in like a year so I would think he should be free.

There is a reason Sony Entertainment has such a bad reputation in Los Angeles.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

think-man said:
There will be something in his contract that says once you leave sony you can't make ads for nintendo or microsoft for 3 years or something like that. Its the same if you work for a pizza joint in my contract it says I can't work for rival pizza joints until at least 1 year after my employment has ended.

They do those all the time, but as I understand (I'm not a lawyer) they are not legal in California (unless you are an ownder of the business.)  So the one year thing is mostly a formality done to scare people.

But most of the time big companies with big expensive lawyers can push around their workers as they want. 

I assume he is in California, so those laws would also apply to him as well.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!