By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Japanese Wii U Preorders starting today 10/6! PICS!

the last guys on the first pic are the first guys on the second last pic which means there should have been few more people as it seems.

Around the Network

Is there really all that much to be excited about for the Japanese launch? I know die-hard Nintendo fans will buy one regardless, but aren't most of the announced games western?

pokoko said:
Is there really all that much to be excited about for the Japanese launch? I know die-hard Nintendo fans will buy one regardless, but aren't most of the announced games western?

Monster Hunter

Japan accepts no substitutes.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Waiting outside for pre-orders? That's ultra hardcore but seems silly since you can just pre-order online? Well could.

It's just that simple.

DaRev said:
looks like they got 3 choices between basic, premium and bundle. So their premium comes without a games, unless you get the bundle?

Here in Europe, we also have three choices.

The Basic, The Premium and The Deluxe. The Premium has NintendoLand like in the US, the Deluxe has a Pro-Controller and ZombiU. I think it's similar in Japan, only with Monster Hunter instead of ZombiU.

And yes, waiting in line for a pre-order is hardcore. Especially when you're most likely also waiting in line to actually claim it after release... Waiting in line twice for one system is hardcore. I wouldn't have done it.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
DaRev said:
looks like they got 3 choices between basic, premium and bundle. So their premium comes without a games, unless you get the bundle?

The Basic, The Premium and The Deluxe. The Premium has NintendoLand like in the US, the Deluxe has a Pro-Controller and ZombiU. I think it's similar in Japan, only with Monster Hunter instead of ZombiU.

And yes, waiting in line for a pre-order is hardcore. Especially when you're most likely also waiting in line to actually claim it after release... Waiting in line twice for one system is hardcore. I wouldn't have done it.

Hmm, it would seem like the US is getting the shorter end of the stick then. But we do have stores doing their own 'Deluxe bundles' in the US. It would have been cool though if the US was gettign an official Deluxe bundle with Zombie U.

Anyways, small matters, I already got mine on pre-oerder!

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

DaRev said:
S.Peelman said:
DaRev said:

Hmm, it would seem like the US is getting the shorter end of the stick then. But we do have stores doing their own 'Deluxe bundles' in the US. It would have been cool though if the US was gettign an official Deluxe bundle with Zombie U.

No. The US is getting the best deal, Japan and Europe are getting the same if you look at the premium sets.

• The Japanese are paying 310 EUR for a premium set with no game.
  • In Europe we are paying 350 EUR for the premium set with Nintendo Land.
  • The USA is paying 270 EUR for the premium set with Nintendo Land.

If you look at the basic set, prices go USA<Japan<Europe:

• Japan: 260 EUR
  • Europe: 300 EUR
  • USA: 230 EUR

And FYI the Deluxe bundle only comes with ZombiU software, no Nintendo Land. The deluxe bundles are the same in both regions!

• Japan: 390 EUR (premium bundle with Monster Hunter 3G HD + Pro Controller)
  • Europe: 390 EUR (premium bundle with ZombiU + Pro Controller)

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
DaRev said:
S.Peelman said:
DaRev said:

No. The US is getting the best deal, Japan and Europe are getting the same if you look at the premium sets.

• The Japanese are paying 310 EUR for a premium set with no game.
  • In Europe we are paying 350 EUR for the premium set with Nintendo Land.
  • The USA is paying 270 EUR for the premium set with Nintendo Land.

If you look at the basic set, prices go USA

• Japan: 260 EUR
  • Europe: 300 EUR
  • USA: 230 EUR

And FYI the Deluxe bundle only comes with ZombiU software, no Nintendo Land. The deluxe bundles are the same in both regions!

• Japan: 390 EUR (premium bundle with Monster Hunter 3G HD + Pro Controller)
  • Europe: 390 EUR (premium bundle with ZombiU + Pro Controller)

Ok, I didn't take into consideration the relative price points accross different regions. In any event, I'm sure Nintendo thought long and hard about the release bundle and prices across different regions, so as to please it fans and other potential buyers (and shareholders).

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Oh, I didn't realize that pre-orders had just started. I went into that same store actually (although the one that's in my city, not the one pictured) in the evening and had no problems pre-ordering a Wii U (premium) along with Mario U.

I didn't see anything regarding the MH bundle version, so I guess it sold out quickly. At another big store close by they had a sign up saying that the MH bundle was sold out. Premium and Basic were still available.

It would've been nice if the premium came with a game, but I had to buy Wii Sports separately when I bought my Wii way back when, so I guess I can't complain too much. The extra storage, accessories, Nintendo Network Premium as well as the DQX beta access make it worth the extra money. (Plus my OG Wii is white, so I'd prefer the black one this time. ;-p )

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"