By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Unemployment rate in USA drops below 8%? I am calling bull on this...

badgenome said:
richardhutnik said:

Have you seen my posting history on here?  If so, you won't find it that.  And I decided to reply here, to be able to address that angle.  There are some who make it out to be some sort of Obama plot.  I was calling the measures being broken, and calling attention to it.  Also, I am not doing it based on some personal level now in my life.  I did post before about myself looking at landing work and starting in November, with a 1 year contract.  So, it is about the measures being wrong.

No one who has read your posts would ever accuse you of being a Republican, but the line that "This is all bull in an election year" does seem to indicate that you believe this is some kind of shenanigans, not just a broken system for counting unemployment.

Ok, I can see that.  But, I am calling bull on the numbers being right.  I don't believe the brokeness and rigging is because it is an election year, but a result of systemic issues that drive fudging the numbers.

Around the Network
cloud1161 said:
theprof00 said:
I'm responsible for the jobs loss.
I currently have 5 jobs.
Server, Counselor, webmaster/clerk, Retail and Media Manager, Self-employed ebay buy/seller.
At 4 different establishments.

Now that is how you FSU.  I'm glad someone else isn't afraid to work.

Hey mon!

Kasz216 said:
Like I said in the other thread... I'm about 90% sure now, that we calculate the jobs number seasonal adjusted... and the unemployment rate isn't.

Though yeah, unemployment rate is stupidly calculated because it doesn't take into account participation rate.

Also, the people rushing to call Richard a conservative make me laugh. Really shows who pays attention in the off topic and who doesn't.

It does show that people don't pay attention much.  It may be argued I am conservative in the sense of I do have a traditionalist streak.  But the response to me is a knee-jerk one, presuming I must fit into the GOP side, because I end up saying what some fringe guys on the GOP appear to be saying.  

NightDragon83 said:
Moonhero said:
My work has added 8 new people last month. We plan to add more. Yes, this is real.
Obama 2012!

So are you saying that if a Republican was in office you guys wouldn't have hired those 8 new people?

The economy is slowly recovering and adding jobs IN SPITE of Obama's policies, not because of them.  If Obama really was the reason for the decrease in unemployment and the overall improvement of the economy, we should have been well below 7% unemployment at this time, because that's what his administration's models predicted would happen after the stimulius and other policies were initiated.  They also said that unemployment wouldn't go above 8%... it took nearly 4 years just to get BELOW 8%, and there's no guarantee it'll stay below 8% after the holiday season is over.

and the last time we had a republican in office we had the worst world-wide economic collapse since the great depression...

..but the truth is that the economy is recovering and previously the economy collapse in spite of any president we have had or will have.  any credit or blame on any president is either your own partisanship or naivety.  the president just isn't that big of an influence on the economy in good times or in bad.

NobleTeam360 said:
this is a lie, the real unemployment rate is around 20% over 21 million Americans are currently out of work. that 7% number just tells us one side of the story that is how many people are still looking for work. While millions of people have dropped out of the work place and have stopped looking for work.

I'd love to see your math on this. So you think the US population is 100 million? Well it's actually over 330 million I believe, so 21 million out of work is...around 7%.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

If this is true (i hope it is) then good news for everyone

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018