By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Unemployment rate in USA drops below 8%? I am calling bull on this...

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/05/news/economy/september-jobs-report/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Friday's monthly jobs report changed the picture of the U.S. economy in more ways than one, showing the unemployment rate fell to the lowest level in more than three years and hiring was stronger than originally reported throughout the summer.

Unemployment unexpectedly fell to 7.8% in September, down from 8.1%, as a survey of U.S. households showed 873,000 more Americans had jobs compared to a month earlier.

To break even, you need to create around 150,000 jobs a month.  The US economy didn't even create 120,000 new jobs.  This is all bull in an election year. I am calling it.

Around the Network

That would be really sad if our *news* was blatantly bullshitting in order to skew people's views on worldly subjec--

Wait a minute. I just remembered why I hate the news.

I'm responsible for the jobs loss.
I currently have 5 jobs.
Server, Counselor, webmaster/clerk, Retail and Media Manager, Self-employed ebay buy/seller.
At 4 different establishments.

I am not saying that this is some evil Obama plot doing it, just that the measures to me seem pretty much broken.

richardhutnik said:
I am not saying that this is some evil Obama plot doing it, just that the measures to me seem pretty much broken.

This has been a problem for a lot longer than Obama, and there are no signs it'll be fixed, since it's always going to benefit one party when it's 'their turn', so there's no incentive to actually do anything about it. (And as long as there's 'play' in the numbers, they're going to be massaged extra carefully, especially during a presidential election year.)

Around the Network

Yep every republican has called bull on everything not in there favor lately. How wierd that you are too!!!

spaceguy said:
Yep every republican has called bull on everything not in there favor lately. How wierd that you are too!!!

Who are you talking to??

Not another Republican conspiracy theory...

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

How accurrate is ths? In germany for example only people that are registered as LOOKING FOR A JOB count as unemployed. So if you live under a bridge or on a park bench. You are not counted.

JazzB1987 said:
How accurrate is ths? In germany for example only people that are registered as LOOKING FOR A JOB count as unemployed. So if you live under a bridge or on a park bench. You are not counted.

It's basically the same here, which is a big part of the problem.

We only count those looking for a job--if you leave the labor pool, even though you want (but can't find) a job, you don't exist, so this artificially depresses/enhances the numbers even when the economy is doing well, which is why you hear the 10%+ number thrown around often because, alas, it's more accurate than the massaged numbers that work to politicians'--of both parties, depending upon who is ascendant-- advantage and no one else's.