By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Wii end up being outsold both in NA and Europe?

Where will Wii be outsold?

NA and Europe. 56 41.79%

Only NA. 8 5.97%

Only Europe. 17 12.69%

Nowhere. 53 39.55%

Total:134

Considering that Wii sales, beginning 2013, will be completely dead in the water, it would be very unlikely for this not to happen. The backward-compatible Wii U will render it obsolete. Unless, of course, a new, fully backward compatible, Xbox and Playstation come out next year. Again, though, highly unlikely.

Around the Network

To be fair the last decent year for the Wii in terms of sales and quality games was 2010.Nintendo then just gave up supporting the console ,and 3rd parties were gone even before that. I hope people realise this when they will be posting thier "i told you so" comments on this disscussion board. The HD systems will pass the Wii in their respective terrotories, but the Wii will still win worldwide sales, the Wii had a shelf life but the HD systems were built for a longer lifecycle, do you remember the 10 year lifespan comments at the begining of this gen. That seems to be happening with the PS360.

The Wii should receive a price cut to $99 when the Wii U is released. Át. That price point, it will reach another market and thus I believe the sales will pick up a little bit.

Don't think 360 or ps3 will win any regions.. at all..

1. The wii will make the gap bigger this cristmas

2. 360 and ps3 will not sell at same rate, the moment next gen starts.. (when wii u launch)

But 360 wiil be close in us.. (i think 4-5 mill) and thats not that bad..

Troll_Whisperer said:
siavm said:

Same thing applies to regions. Now spin that.

Don't take this stuff so seriously dude, reacting like that just makes you look like a little child. You can't accept even the mildest, most observational and inoffensive negativity against your console of choice? Geez...

And how's correcting your incorrect statement spinning? You misread the thread, man.

Anyway, we'll see, but it's pretty much guaranteed that at least in NA the Wii will be surpassed.

I have mainingly been playing ps3 for the past years but I do own all 3 of the systems. The only person coming off fanboyish is you. Saying that the other systems will magically do numbers higher than they have ever done. Not happening. And you seem to be taking it more seriously and child like since you are responding to me with fairy tales. Plus when troll is in your user name how can anything you make be seen as nothing but instigation.

Around the Network
siavm said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
siavm said:

Don't take this stuff so seriously dude, reacting like that just makes you look like a little child. You can't accept even the mildest, most observational and inoffensive negativity against your console of choice? Geez...

And how's correcting your incorrect statement spinning? You misread the thread, man.

Anyway, we'll see, but it's pretty much guaranteed that at least in NA the Wii will be surpassed.

I have mainingly been playing ps3 for the past years but I do own all 3 of the systems. The only person coming off fanboyish is you. Saying that the other systems will magically do numbers higher than they have ever done. Not happening. And you seem to be taking it more seriously and child like since you are responding to me with fairy tales.

I didn't call you a fanboy, just childlike.

Normal sales would guarantee Xbox 360 surpassing Wii in NA, no magical numbers needed. I have more sympathy for Nintendo than MS btw, I'm just trying to be rational.

You want to bet? I say Xbox 360 will surpass Wii in NA, according to VGC numbers. Prove you really believe what you say, because I have a hard time believing you are serious when you say it needs "magical" numbers.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Well the PS3 has been outselling both the wii and 360 on a global scale every week, of every month, for nearly 2yrs. So YES lol.

both will. no doubt about it.

zippy said:
To be fair the last decent year for the Wii in terms of sales and quality games was 2010.Nintendo then just gave up supporting the console ,and 3rd parties were gone even before that. I hope people realise this when they will be posting thier "i told you so" comments on this disscussion board. The HD systems will pass the Wii in their respective terrotories, but the Wii will still win worldwide sales, the Wii had a shelf life but the HD systems were built for a longer lifecycle, do you remember the 10 year lifespan comments at the begining of this gen. That seems to be happening with the PS360.

They gave up..? nintendo (preparing for next gen) cooled down.. thats all.. thats what they always do.. They did whit nes, snes, n64, gc, gb, gba, ds.. not some to write a song about, and there is an "incredible" big wii games libary out there.. on top of that.. they did skyward sword in 2011 (and kirby and few others)  in 2012 we got some cool 3. party and a new mario party..

so cool down..:) and enjoy.. becurse in the next few years (starting in few weeks) some of the best games ever createt.. the nintendo games.. come in super hd.. in a hole new... mindblowing way..

And you can take that to the bank.. becurse thats to is a videogame nature law.. (and nintendo should know.. they wrote it)

Troll_Whisperer said:
siavm said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
siavm said:

I have mainingly been playing ps3 for the past years but I do own all 3 of the systems. The only person coming off fanboyish is you. Saying that the other systems will magically do numbers higher than they have ever done. Not happening. And you seem to be taking it more seriously and child like since you are responding to me with fairy tales.

I didn't call you a fanboy, just childlike.

Normal sales would guarantee Xbox 360 surpassing Wii in NA, no magical numbers needed. I have more sympathy for Nintendo than MS btw, I'm just trying to be rational.

You want to bet? I say Xbox 360 will surpass Wii in NA, according to VGC numbers. Prove you really believe what you say, because I have a hard time believing you are serious when you say it needs "magical" numbers.

Make bets based on this faulty data here is not smart. The numbers here are wrong close but wrong. And Nintendo can drop the price of the wii to $99 and make this whole thread worthless. So keep trolling. And stop basing facts on this site. Because the numbers may be adjusted and prove just how full of troll you are.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan