By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware + Software Up! Week Ending September 29th! Vita hits 3 million... or not!

I was expecting a larger boost from the Super Slim...oh well.

Around the Network
pezus said:

Huh, isn't UC3 bundled with the new model?

Yes, in USA. But seems like the bundle sold like 1k if we compare to last week.

hmm if these numbers are correct,most of the whole boost for ps3 should be because of fifa and not much because of the new slim. if germany isn't an expection in europe, fifa for ps3 and the ps3 got a lot of advertisement the last weeks. and with a lot i mean almost every commercial break on tv on different channels.

Nice little bump for PS3. Let's see what happens when the cheaper models land. I don't think it'll do much long term but it's something I guess.

What caused the Xbox's spike in NA? I though it was Borderlands 2 last week but it's up again and I doubt FIFA can not only maintain the Borderlands 2 boost but even improve it.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

lol ill never get how Fifa is a system seller.

Gamer: Oh I have been so on the fence about getting a PS3 for years. I need a certain game to put me over the edge. OH SNAP........FIFA!!! This was the game changer I was waiting for. Because Fifa 07-12 didnt interest me at all for some reason to invest in another console.

lol I dont know. Its hard to justify a yearly release being a system seller.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Gamer: Oh I have been so on the fence about getting a PS3 for years. I need a certain game to put me over the edge. OH SNAP........FIFA!!! This was the game changer I was waiting for. Because Fifa 07-12 didnt interest me at all for some reason to invest in another console.

Call of Duty?

Also, football is really huge in European nations. So chances are there's a lot of football fans who don't own a PS3. So whenever they do get around to buying a PS3, of course they're going to wait for the Fifa bundle.

sales2099 said:

New gamers. Not everyone has been gaming for years, there are newcomers, i.e kids who ask for their first console.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Great 3ds numbers in europe this week. This could be encouraging for the weeks to come as far as i am aware the only games that were out were fifa and angry birds, none of which are going to increase hardware sales. Anybody have any ideas?

Where is the UK HW/SW btw? It's already available. Impressive FIFA numbers.

pezus said:
sales2099 said:

Hmm. Now do the same for CoD and 360

i know... Also, LBP Vita isnt in the chart too... im wondering whats happening with VGChartz...