By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has nerdiest followers?

Which console do you think has the nerdiest followers, or rather which company? Microsoft 360, Nintendo Wii/DS or Sony PS3/PSP.

Me, I think Nintendo, whenever I see someone with a DS thats all they talk about and they have their little gang of Nintendo geeks, 360 and PS3/PSP users seem to be more laid back and cool, and the games on the 360 and PS3 seem to be for a more mature audience, but the Wii has virtually the same age group and they are all into their fantasy games, and Nintendo people just kind of scare. Don't get me wrong, there are some cool people with a Wii, but all the DS owners I know are complete nerds.

EDIT: Ah, yes I forgot to add in PC gamers.

EDIT EDIT: When I say followers/nerds I mean the fellas who camp out to get the console, or games for the console, and that really nerdy stuff, people who play in excess of like 5 hours a day and stuff like that, not just the average joe looking for something to do after dinner. 

Around the Network

Probably evenly spread over all consoles, but even all the consoles combined haven't got as many as Games Workshop!!

You know who you are!! :P

I'd have to say Nintendo to be honest, we can be a bunch of freaks when we want to be, but PC gamers are definitely the biggest nerds of them all, I mean I've seen some of you posting the nerdiest threads about video cards etc etc and all of that kind of crap. Not to mention WoW.

Microsoft. Because of the hardcore audience and the Windows/PC legacy. All consoles have a nerdy fanbase though.

This is pretty silly.  I know nerds, jocks, men, women, whites, blacks, and asians with various consoles.  What do you expect when the consoles each sell millions of units?

I'm always amazed that games still have a nerdy image now, when 360 and PS3 are loved by hardcore gamers, and when Wii is loved by new audiences and much of the old gaming audience.  When I had my Wii in my dorm Freshman year literally every attractive girl my room mate and I knew would come to our room just to try to kick our asses in bowling or tennis or boxing. These boxes all have tremendous pull with large audiences.  I know plenty of little kids growing up on Halo and GTA and I know people in their 30s who enjoy those games too.  Demographics of gaming don't really fit anymore.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Shrug, I'm not even a first generation gamer and some people still look at me funny.

Look at ole grandma hardcore!

Anyway, I'd vote Nintendo, just because, I'm a nerd, I grew up with it. Based on myself as the representative sample, Nintendo fans are 100% nerdy! Also are at least 6 feet tall and are accountants.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

ArtofAngels said:
I'd have to say Nintendo to be honest, we can be a bunch of freaks when we want to be, but PC gamers are definitely the biggest nerds of them all, I mean I've seen some of you posting the nerdiest threads about video cards etc etc and all of that kind of crap. Not to mention WoW.
 Wow is truly home to King of the nerds and all his followers!!Wow is a waste of time, a waste of money and one of the most pointless games I have ever played.Having said that I'm a lvl 70, haven't played for months but curse the bastards for releasing another expansion pack meaning I'll now want to get to lvl 80!    

Right now the TV is showing "Revenge of the nerds 4"

We should judge the people on this site. You know, like this:

User / Supports / Nerd?

fazz / Nintendo / No
ArtOfAngels / Nintendo / Yes

;)

On a more serious note, it depends. Normally I would say Nintendo, but I've known some really cool people that are fans. For the PS fans, I only know teens (cousins) that probably are too young to look like nerds... though I know this PS fan that is a total nerd, he uses kimonos on a daily basis, and such things.

i'm not a nerd. atleast i hope i'm not...

on topic: other than PC gamers i'd have to say xbox followers are the nerdiest, just because of the abundance of sci fi, aliens and online mumbo jumbo on their console.