By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has nerdiest followers?

Besides ssmm and re4 the gamecube was crap. I hated the art direction the wind waker took and found its story unappealing compared to majora's mask (The standard that all zelda games should be held to.) And the twilight princess, um too little too late i guess. Thats my take on the gamecube.

Around the Network

Gamecube was a great console, you're just uniformed of the great games it had. I never liked the original xbox but I like the 360.

Yeah, ssmm (?) and re4 WERE the only good games on Gamecube. You are absolutely right. Can't argue with you on that >.>

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

How am i "unimformed" on these "great" games? I beat the wind waker (much to my dismay) and lost interest in the twilight princess after the sand temple, which is plenty far enough to determine whether i liked it or not. Like i said, the twilight princess was too little too late for me. The lack of voice acting really bothered me. Hell i remember spyro from ps1 days had some form of voice acting. I dont think its to much to ask that one of the biggest franchises in gaming history got with the times a little bit. Its not that I dont mind reading, for example if the NPC's didnt have voices i would agree 100% but at least for the story sections is it to much to ask to do what the ps1 was doing? All of this of course is my opinion. Ill say it agian, my opinion. And in case you didnt get it, its my opinion.

As for ssmm i meant ssbm.

Well, she said you were "uninformed" on these "great games" and you keep talking about the same one you were before. I'm not really sure, but it sounds as if you've only played 1 game for gamecube or something.

There are a lot of great games available and maybe you just don't realize (which is why you think it sucks). I think that might have been her point. And yeah, we realize it's your opinion, that's the whole point of maybe "you're just uninformed". It is possible that you think the Gamecube sucks simply because you just don't realize and have yet to play some of the great games available for it. Normally I wouldn't agree with that sort of pigeonholing, but judging on the way your responses are only about one game, it almost seems like a safe assumption.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Around the Network

Its in the genes!

To Each Man, Responsibility

wii= casual gamers

xbox=hardcore

ps=casual/hardcore

who you think are more nerds...of course the hardcore gamers cause they are "hardcore gamers", casual gamers mostly means they aren't into games much and play casually, xbox are hardcore about games, its obvious who are the nerds then.

Also xbox is from microsoft which is made from the king of the nerds, people standing on line for windows, hype about halo-a game, standing on line for halo-a game. Don't matter how 'cool' you think the game is or how hardcore it is, its a game still.

PS is kinda a mix of both.

I think Nintendo too: I've never seen groups of people who label themselves "Sony fans" or "Microsoft fans" in public, but in every organisation there is a group of Nintendo fans.

Yes; PC too, but again not really in the open. No one actually sits down and discusses HyperTransport vs. FSB.

I would consider myself a very dedicated Nintendo fan, but I try not to let it dominate my life (It's just games). With PCs, I am realistic and despite the "cool factor" of the names and specs, I know I couldn't really see the difference between a £500 and a £5000 computer.

Free software advocacy, on the other hand, has become important in my life. I really believe it is the way to more efficient business and cheaper, simpler home computers, so I have on occasion tried to convince other people of this, with a limited degree of success.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Magic players are the nerdiest. You know, the ones that play online.

the platform with the biggest nerds is the one RubangB and Parokki support

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.