By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has nerdiest followers?

Nintendo, at my school, but they usually get better grades. :) RCTjunkie/male/nintendo/the world's nerdiest mexican. ;)

Around the Network

I still laugh every time someone refers to the 360/PS3 library as "more mature".

But back on the topic I agree with TheSource here, the view on video games has changed a lot and the demographics are a lot more fluid than they were before. I don't think the process is quite as far along as he thinks but its headed that way quickly.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Nintendo forsure

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

I agree every system has his quotes on nerdniness...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

All 3 has geeks beyond which i could fathom.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
I'd have to say Nintendo to be honest, we can be a bunch of freaks when we want to be, but PC gamers are definitely the biggest nerds of them all, I mean I've seen some of you posting the nerdiest threads about video cards etc etc and all of that kind of crap. Not to mention WoW.

@FJ-Warez:

If you did that, then YES. If not, then just MAYBE :)

Depends on how you want to think about it, each consoles got their fair share (but they are different):

Nintendo: Old school nerds, backing the Big N even if it produces crap (gamecube, anyone?). They aren't exactly the stereotypical PC nerds you see, like the one in that South Park episode "Make Love, not warcraft", but they are as fanatical. They basically worship the ground Miyamoto treads on.

Microsoft: Closer to the PC nerds then Nintendo, but only because of MS's acclaim in the PC world. They probably think their the most mature of the lot, plus I'm guessing their average age is older than the other 2 groups, but they act immature when they are getting done in a match. Their god is windows and bill gates is purely just a messenger boy.

Sony: These ones are mostly the new kids on the block, that think they are old school AND that they are hardcore. They're a little more arrogant then MS and Ninty because they won last generation and continue to back the idea that "CELL will overcome anything" even though it hasn't shown us anything yet. They worship the CELL processor, even though history dictates that the most expensive console never wins a generation. (Sega Saturn, Xbox, PSP, Game Gear back in the day, Neo Geo, list goes on).

CAL4M1TY said:
Depends on how you want to think about it, each consoles got their fair share (but they are different):

Nintendo: Old school nerds, backing the Big N even if it produces crap (gamecube, anyone?). They aren't exactly the stereotypical PC nerds you see, like the one in that South Park episode "Make Love, not warcraft", but they are as fanatical. They basically worship the ground Miyamoto treads on.

Microsoft: Closer to the PC nerds then Nintendo, but only because of MS's acclaim in the PC world. They probably think their the most mature of the lot, plus I'm guessing their average age is older than the other 2 groups, but they act immature when they are getting done in a match. Their god is windows and bill gates is purely just a messenger boy.

Sony: These ones are mostly the new kids on the block, that think they are old school AND that they are hardcore. They're a little more arrogant then MS and Ninty because they won last generation and continue to back the idea that "CELL will overcome anything" even though it hasn't shown us anything yet. They worship the CELL processor, even though history dictates that the most expensive console never wins a generation. (Sega Saturn, Xbox, PSP, Game Gear back in the day, Neo Geo, list goes on).

You relate 360 fans to pc gamers then call Sony fans the new kids on the block? Lol.  PC gamers and 360 gamers are nto one and the same.  In fact, they're always at odds because the 360 gets loads of PC ports.  They're always arguing over kb/m vs controller and whether RTS should be made on consoles.

If anything, it's the 360/Halo fanboys that are the new guys.

fazz said:
@FJ-Warez:

If you did that, then YES. If not, then just MAYBE :)

Yeap I did it, but is not finished, final render will be more detailed (Need to work more with the textures and bumpmapping) a couple of more items, lights, a res of 1208*1024, and a render time of 72 hrs :)

Btw the girl in the pic is my GF so, I´m a nerd with a cute GF :)

PS: I´m, Nintendo, Pc, fan...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."