By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will WiiU pass PS Vita?

aikohualda said:
december 31, 2012
im sure japan sale would be at least 2 million by the end of the year if supply is enough...

Zero chances.

In fact, it's not going to launch as good as Vita in Japan, imo, supplied or not.

Around the Network

referring to dying systems as benchmarks... so evil... tss tss tss

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

2nd week of january

@Vic Why can't it launch better than Vita? It has 2D Mario, Nintyland, MonHun(it actually got one before the Vita), and Dragon Quest day one. The white WiiU is slightly more expensive than the Vita in Japan and Mario alone is enough of a system seller.

Day one will be enough I guess .. I heard from some website the pre orders are estimated to 1.5M, but seeing what Sony expects from their blockbusters this year "COD, ACIII" I can say mid-December to early Jan.

Around the Network
phenom08 said:
@Vic Why can't it launch better than Vita? It has 2D Mario, Nintyland, MonHun(it actually got one before the Vita), and Dragon Quest day one. The white WiiU is slightly more expensive than the Vita in Japan and Mario alone is enough of a system seller.

Because Vita had an excellent launch there. And because portable systems sell more.

@Vic Yes "usually" portable systems sell more. Definitely not going to be the case here. The 3DS will surpass the PS3 soon in Japan, while the PS3 is looking to keep its lead over Vita for a very long time. The U already has what the Vita needs desperately(MonHun) and of course Mario. The WiiUs launch is looking to be massive, especially in Japan.

I think that after a month it will be around halfway there. February or March would be my guess.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Depends on how much stock Nintendo has. I could see it happening by the end of March if sales are high and Vita continues selling horribly.

phenom08 said:
@Vic Yes "usually" portable systems sell more. Definitely not going to be the case here. The 3DS will surpass the PS3 soon in Japan, while the PS3 is looking to keep its lead over Vita for a very long time. The U already has what the Vita needs desperately(MonHun) and of course Mario. The WiiUs launch is looking to be massive, especially in Japan.

Monster Hunter is only big on portables.

On consoles its just another game.....plus this game is a port of the Wii version so...