By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cliffy B leaves Epic!

CliffyB will open his own studio... why in the world would he want to work for another company? with his status publishers will come knocking on his door...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
CliffyB will open his own studio... why in the world would he want to work for another company? with his status publishers will come knocking on his door...

Now that's the truth.  I see that more likely than anything.  That or him being hired by Microsoft. 

Welcome to your newfound creative freedom, Cliffy.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
and there he goes to naughty dog :)

The rate ND has been snatching up industry talent..I wouldn't even be surprised 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Probably moving over to Sony or Nintendo

He always said he even wanted Gears of War on the Sony side but couldn't do it cause of Microsoft.
He said he likes the WiiU

On the Sony side he always has the strongest hardware and could probably be a good addition to Naughty Dog or other 1st party studios.Sony Studios in general have more than good working conditions.
WiiU could be an interesting challenge for him and of course maybe depending how much Nintendo paid.

Microsoft...why should he?He wanted his best franchise always on the PS3 and always said he would love to work on that console.
And he sees how much more Naughty Dog can get out of such outdated hardware - The 360 was maxed out with Gears of War 2.He probably wants more than that but the PC is too risky for him.

Around the Network

He probably played RE6 and realized what he has done

Based on his recent comments about his love for Skyrim, and how he would love to see an Unreal reboot in the form of ScifyRim, with the focus on exploration, I can see him moving to Bethesda.

It would mean he would work on a game he loves, maybe the next Elder Scrolls, or maybe his own project where he gets to make an open world Scifi.

This would be interesting, and wouldn't Bethesda be a real powerhouse with John Carmack, Todd Howard and Cliffy B.

A winner is he.

Really strange, epic loses a lot without him. The amount of times he featured on Gametrailers/spike tv, no way that's going to happen with the "new guy"

Mr Khan said:
RolStoppable said:
Maybe he is really interested in the Wii U and wants to make a game for it, thus he had to leave Epic Games.

He made his "i'm interested in Wii U" statement and they said "we can't have this kind of talk at Epic. Now you can resign voluntarily or get fired horribly."

Damn you for getting in here qucker than I and stealing my line!

I wonder where he'll end up. He's clearly not going to retire (I'm sure he has more ambition inside of him) and I doubt he'll leave the industry (since he has such a big name).

kowenicki said:
Interesting. I expect either he moves to MS or he starts his own studio. Expect either in the early New Year.

IOs. 

just kidding.  

anyhoo, i always liked cliffy b.  i hope he says in the industry and doesn't retire.  that statement kind of seems like he's ready to leave.