By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita market share went up and nobody celebrate?

kitler53 said:
this site still has sales data?

You wouldn't know it, but apparantly!

Also, an interesting fact is that the Vita has only been the top selling system for 1 week in its entire life; it's only been that on it's launch week in the West. When will it hit those heights again; if ever?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Nintendo must be fearful. At this rate, if Sony follow their 10 year plan, it'll have 155% marketshare.

Why are people angry about this plan???

10 years * 12 months * 0.1% marketshare per month = 12% so that would be a 24.5% marketshare in 10 years.

Signature goes here!

Are you going to make one of these threads each time that it goes up 0.1%?

I smell a ripoff.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

TruckOSaurus said:
Conegamer said:
Nintendo must be fearful. At this rate, if Sony follow their 10 year plan, it'll have 155% marketshare.

10 years * 12 months * 0.1% marketshare per month = 12% so that would be a 24.5% marketshare in 10 years.

Well it's increased 8% in the space of 4 months. So around 2% a month.

But 24.5% seems logical.

amp316 said:
Are you going to make one of these threads each time that it goes up 0.1%?

I smell a ripoff.

Those were the times!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Conegamer said:

But 24.5% seems logical.

24.5% doesn't seem logical at all. This month, it sold 15.5% of the total between vita+3ds. If it continues like this, it will not reach any higher than 15.5% EVER. So it is not logical at all.

rubido said:
Conegamer said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Conegamer said:

But 24.5% seems logical.

24.5% doesn't seem logical at all. This month, it sold 15.5% of the total between vita+3ds. If it continues like this, it will not reach any higher than 15.5% EVER. So it is not logical at all.

But I'd imagine it won't keep selling like this. It's currently selling around 25% of the 3DS numbers, and for it to reach that number, it only needs to sell LT 1/4 of what the 3DS manages. Which is easily doable.

Conegamer said:
kitler53 said:

Also, an interesting fact is that the Vita has only been the top selling system for 1 week in its entire life; it's only been that on it's launch week in the West. When will it hit those heights again; if ever?

lol, well i'm pretty sure vita will outsell 3DS at least a couple more weeks in the future.  a handful of big games or price drops or redesigns should get it at least 3-5 more winning weeks.

kitler53 said:
Conegamer said:
kitler53 said:

lol, well i'm pretty sure vita will outsell 3DS at least a couple more weeks in the future.  a handful of big games or price drops or redesigns should get it at least 3-5 more winning weeks.

Very true. We'll see how many, though.

Of course, it was unimaginable for the PS3 to outsell the Wii at any point, and now look...

Conegamer said:
kitler53 said:
Conegamer said:
kitler53 said:

Very true. We'll see how many, though.

Of course, it was unimaginable for the PS3 to outsell the Wii at any point, and now look...

was the wii to ps3 ever over 5:1 though like 3DS to vita.  i'm not feeling that is going to happen here.  I'm not sure what the issue with vita is ... i absolutly love my system.  ..then again i'm 1 of only 10 people to get LBP Vita.  i could of swore that game was amazing but i must be wrong.