By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does the failure of your unfavorable company make you happy? Why?

Tagged games:

How (un)successful do you want your unfavorable company to be?

I want them obliterated! 36 33.03%

Not obliterated; just les... 41 37.61%

Just not extrememly more ... 15 13.76%

I don't care how successful they are. 17 15.60%

Total:109
sales2099 said:

Your first point is about how corporations view eachother when my point is how a gamer fan would see those numbers and determine a personal victory. This isnt about a corporations definitions of success but how a fan would define it.

Hey you cant exactly pack up and leave your current city to move somewhere else because they are more likely to win. Its far easier to switch loyalties in gaming then in sports. If it was easy to move cities for the average person, then the analogy would fit better but alas it isnt feasible. But I stand by my loyalty comment. Most gamers are how you describe them: fickle and go where the games go. But the fans are the minority, real fans that are invested in the 1st party franchises that are only home to that certain corporation.

Third point again is about corporate measures when I am talking about how a fan would define victory. Two opposite criteria.

In terms of fans, it's the same. All a gamer should care about is if the company is making enough money to continue providing great experiences. In terms of success, from a fan's perspective, all that matters is if pleasing that fan is financially viable.

Exactly, most gamers are like I described them. They just care about games. They aren't loyal to any company. Any 'gamer' that puts companies above gaming, should really rethink their priorities as a gamer.

No, I was talking about it from a fan's perspective. As a fan, all that matters to you, in terms of success, should be whether the company is successful enough to continue to keep you entertained. It shouldn't matter if the competitor is failing or is successful. In fact, in many cases, a successful competitor can improve your favorite company's offerings.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
I don't hate man united, I hate their fans.

I couldn't care less if a company succeeds or fails. Aside from the tragedy for the workforce it isn't something that moves me, companies come and companies go. It's business. Its life.

What's man united and why do you hate their fans?

ninetailschris said:
I'm a big Nintendo fan and personally I can talk to a xbox fan we we would have no problem talking about games.
Sony fans are the worst I'm sorry.

How many times do they go to bother wii fans saying you have inferior games because your games are made for kids.
I seen ONE xbox fan do this but hundreds of sony fans.

90% of a troll thread talking about other companies failing or just hate like all the Wii-U is going to fail and misinformation comes from Sony fans.

Xbox fans are pretty cool and Nintendo fans are pretty relax. There are times when Nintendo lash out if you talk to them it's usually because of all the abuse from Sony fans. If you were to interview a xbox fan on which company they don't like they would mostly say Sony because of it's fans same for Nintendo.

Plus all we hear from Sony fans are usually about the past and how there still winning (yes people say this because some don't consider wii current gen) and think Xbox is just a port machine.

So do you enjoy seeing Sony fail or not?

Manchester United I'd guess.

I want all of them to be successful enough to make great games to entice us to buy their stuff, rather than go elsewhere, so competition between each increases. One winning system (like PS2) is not great, but encourages competition, which is good.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:

It's a sexual turn-on for me when I see Sony or Nintys share price fall. Even thinking about it is making me aroused... *sets pillow on lap to hide erection*

How do you feel when there stocks rise then lol?

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I want things I like to do well. I don't care how the competition does.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Hmm hard question For me its more like hate for stupid blind fans that twist truth and act really dumb than hate for the company itself.  So I am somewhat happy when I see people I dont like  rage around the internet etc. 

But Im not sure if I hate the company itself   maybe.

For example I was no Sega fan back in the day because I couldn't stand alot of stupid fanboys. Now that those fanboys almost disappeared I really really like sega because I dont link sega to idiots anymore.

I hope that makes sense lol.

Of course, without their fall Sega can't feed of their weakness to become the Alpha male of gaming again.

Former something....

Kresnik said:

It's funny. During the PS1 & 2 era I didn't know any different - I bought Sony consoles, knew they were the bigger brand, but always assumed that Xbox / Gamecube were doing comparatively well. And I never really wished any ill-meaning on them, which persisted through this generation until I joined this forum. I knew that console wars existed, fans wailed on each other and all that, and that PS3 wasn't selling as well as the PS1 & 2 had, but I wasn't aware of the extent of hate towards Sony and I still didn't harbour any bad feelings towards the other two either at this point.

So it was a bit of a shock to come to a forum like this in 2012 and see all these people (I won't get into specifics) who took every opportunity they had to call Sony out, make them look bad and call out the fans for liking Sony. Like really, it was a massive shock to me. And that, in turn, made me feel a little more contemptible towards the competition than I ever did before coming here.

Of course, the people who were acting like this towards Sony claimed that they'd been victims of it first, that Sony fans were the arrogant ones who were always wailing on their system. And I'm sure that's absolutely true. But from my side, I'd never really seen any of this. I could believe it, but it came across to me as just hate for the sake of hate from the way I was seeing it. And that did nothing to make me like the competition.  Just because someone else has done it - that doesn't make it okay.

At the end of the day, I took a step back and looked at it logically. Nintendo have done nothing wrong; Microsoft have done nothing wrong. The fans are different from the company themselves, and it would be stupid to hate a company because of the fans. They don't choose their fans - influence them perhaps, maybe even attract them, but at the end of the day anyone can 'choose' to be a fan of anything and then act however they see fit.

I'm conflicted. I don't hate Microsoft or Nintendo, and I don't hate Microsoft or Nintendo fans. I have my hangups with both of the companies, but that's a different matter. But I do inevitably grow to generalise and dislike fans of the other two companies a little when certain ones act in certain ways to just have a completely unreasonable and irrational hatred of Sony, who I love.. I'm sure fans of M & N would say that certain Sony fans act exactly the same way, which I'm sure would be true as well.

Agreed on all points. So many people use console preference as a reason to form in-groups and out-groups. It's really childish and turns people into enemies based on such meaningless criteria. I don't mind praising your favorite console or company; what gets me is people who feel the need to constantly speak ill of the others at every oppurtunity. I mainly see this happening to Sony since I mainly browse Sony threads, but I'm sure it happens to the other two companies as well. I can't understand what people get out of doing that.