By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameSpot Strikes again! Gives Pokemon White version 2 a disappointing score~ So bad it would make Pachter sick to his stomach.

As an avid fan of Pokémon, reviews and review scores have seldom ever been a source of reliable information.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
Kenology said:
mike_intellivision said:
KylieDog said:
New Pokemon games are 90% the same game before it, throw in some new pokemon and a new map and there is a sequel.

Why does it deserve a better score?

While I am not one to normally agree with KylieDog, he has a point about the fact that Pokemon is essentially the same core game time-after-time.

However, that has not stopped reviewers from gushing over from many of the FPS and sandbox games which essentially are different window dressing on the same events.

So while there is a point here -- the point is that reviewers are biased and give better scores to games they like to play rather than viewing them on their own merit.  And no game is everyone's cup of tea.

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- it was funny to watch my 10-year-old son engage three Gamestop GSAs in a Pokemon conversation on Saturday. 

Do they seem to have a problem with Madden every year?  Just syain'.

Edit:  Beaten.  Badly.

Forgot about sports games, which often appear to be nothing more than full-priced roster updates.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

SmokedHostage said:
As an avid fan of Pokémon, reviews and review scores have seldom ever been a source of reliable information.

Just posting to say...

ZOMG! It's Smoked! :D

I am a huge Pokemon fan and a competitive player as well. Pokemon Black and White 2 don't deserve anything more than 7. 6.5 is actually a pretty fair score.

Although it retains the same fun formula for the casuals and carries over all the in depth mechanics from the previous games, it just doesn't do enough. The metagame itself has moved very little. The amount of copy pasting in these games is simply incredible and at this point it's just a shameful money grab. This may have been overlooked if it was on 3DS as sort of a remake with new sprites/animations, but on the DS it's almost entirely a cut and paste job. Sad really.

Fair score if reviewers werent so inconsistent and biased

Around the Network
Salnax said:
As soon as you accept that GameSpot doesn't like Nintendo games, the sooner you can get on with life.

accepted that light years ago... now reading the review made me go "...okay"

SmokedHostage said:

Holy hell... you escaped your captors!  Hope they don't take you hostage again.  :)

Salnax said:
As soon as you accept that GameSpot doesn't like Nintendo games, the sooner you can get on with life.

This is true.  I remember them giving a low score to Majora's Mask relative to the masterpiece it was.  But I know that was a polarizing game, but not really. 

Their Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn review was just embarrassing.

lol I thought it was going to be by Mac shit but its not :P

well I haven't played the game so I can't say if it deserves better or not!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

To me, it feel rushed, even unnecessary.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile