By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will Sony drop the 80 GB's price?

give it a few months.. either that or they will bundle it =P lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

I say they do a $50 price cut during the summer right after Metal Gear or when Microsoft does their price cut. Then they will do another $50 one during the November before Black Friday.

I'm just saying...

The PS3 will be $299/299EUR by November 2008, that's certain. They could cut the price $50 this summer if they really needed to.

CrazzyMan said:
After M$ makes price cut(that`s probably near GTA4 release) OR in Fall 2008.

pretty much what i was thinking

end said: ps3 is already a failure, even if it goes to number 1 at the end of this generation.

NYANKS said: And please, if Nintendo can recover from the mind blowing pwnage dealt to it by Sony over the last ten years, I think Sony will be fine.

The Church of Freeman

All in all your just another brick in the wall.

Naraku_Diabolos said:

Nah, Soriku is fine, it's Leo-j I'm worried about ;)

If Sony decides to drop the price (in which they can't due to manufacturing costs), you wanna see them bleed more money from a financial standpoint? :)

You are greatly mistaken. Sony has cost the production costs in half. They were $800+ at launch and now are ~$400.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Assuming the reports of production costs being halved is true, they will wait until November to cut price of both SKU's. The depth of the cut will depend on 360 cut and PS3 sales.

If 360's price cut is $100 come GTA4 and helps them tremendously, Sony may have to act quick, but that might limit the size of their cut.

If MS price cut is smaller or makes little difference it relieves pressure and they can wait a bit, and won't need a big cut.

In the end, though, I'm expecting another $100 knocked off by November. MS will cut deep ($100), but it won't help them so much that Sony will have to match. They will save the new price for the holiday so they can play it up for the industries biggest season.

The pattern of PS3 price cut has been associated with how Sony planned to clear the inventory. I predict Sony will discontinue the 80GB model in NA very soon. It will give Sony more flexibility to adjust the PS3 price.

They might slash the price of 40GB model to $(€)299-349 later this year (or right after M$ price cut). If Sony wants to keep PS3 as 2 SKU, they will roll out another "high-end" model at the price range of $(€)399-449.

However, if the US currency keeps going down because of the rising inflation, we may not see price cut on any console next year.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX