By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 and PS3 YOY changes.

It tells new consoles are coming within a year or so. And that manufacturers will be doing whatever they can to end the gen strongly.

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:

It tells me to keep a close eye on this thread as it's sure to have its fair share of "excitement".

Keep it civil lads, mmkay?

nope doubt it. it's not that time of yr. yet, and this thread is already dead lol.

it means we need more new games, or new consoles. well i need a new PS3.

kowenicki said:
pezus said:
PS3 had a price cut last year, so it being down that much is largely due to that. The new model will help PS3 be down less from now on.

Other than that it doesn't tell us much

I disagree, it tells us that by this time next year these two consoles will be wayyy too long in the tooth and replacemets are urgently required.  Boith will finish the year substantianlly down.

I think he was meant to say that it will help PS3 to stay less down. It'll still sell less than previous year

kowenicki said:

I know what he meant.   I was disagreeing that it didnt tell us much.  If either manufacturer thinks they can go through another holiday next year then they are in a dreamworld of failure.

At this point, only a giant price cut could solve it (something under US$ 150). Anyway, it would just give them a good year before the sales go down again.

trasharmdsister12 said:

Revolting. 

Yeah, the gaming industry is going downhill fast, there needs to be some new consoles ASAP! I live in hope of the X720 releasing Q2/3 2013...

Around the Network

pezus said:

Is that fiscal year Q or real year Q? If real year, it's Q4 or nothing

Calendar. Why do you think that's impossible?

I wonder how this will extrapolate into the holidays, or the same time next year.

It tells me that your prediction that 2012 is gonna be 360's best year (sale-wise) will probably be wrong.

pezus said:

man-bear-pig said:

Calendar. Why do you think that's impossible?

Because home consoles almost always release in Q4 (in NA at least) and because they would want to build up hype first.

Maybe they are keeping the release of the 720 on the DL (that stands for down low, yo) so they can get a surprise jump-start on the PS4. One can hope...

I think holiday sales will be quite weak. It will be interesting to see if the wii u has any impact on the sales of the last gen systems.