By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official PAL Charts Thread - Week 48 (Wii U Week)

What Do You Think Is Better?

One Official Thread 12 34.29%

One Thread Per Week 21 60.00%

Total:33
kowenicki said:
Decent first week. Halo is consistent isn't it. US numbers are where its at for Halo though.

Absolutely Halo is consistent, and the 40k "deficit" should be blown away by the U.S numbers.

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:
Is it possible to revert back to one thread/week for PAL charts? This is really confusing

I'm thinking about that. This idea, one offical thread, failed. 

But can you tell me what is confusing about it? I'll see if I can fix it or go back to one thread per week.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
kopstudent89 said:
Is it possible to revert back to one thread/week for PAL charts? This is really confusing

But can you tell me what is confusing about it? I'll see if I can fix it or go back to one thread per week.

I guess the timeline of it is just not coherent. Some recent posts are from older weeks

kopstudent89 said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
kopstudent89 said:

I guess the timeline of it is just not coherent. Some recent posts are from older weeks

I thought about that. I write those old posts to put them in the archive.

My plan is to write a new thread just for the archive. We won't have those posts anymore. 

Do you think this will solve the problem? Is there anything else?

I LOVE GIGGS said:
kopstudent89 said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
kopstudent89 said:

My plan is to write a new thread just for the archive. We won't have those posts anymore. 

Mostly that! If you're fixing this then great. You're doin a great job really!

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
kopstudent89 said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
kopstudent89 said:

Mostly that! If you're fixing this then great. You're doin a great job really!

OK, I'll do it now. 

Thank you.

so uk sales down 29% for oct then,good to see those oct stats

Above & Beyond

Probably not the right thread to point this out but it did arrive at the same time as Halo 4 and its not even listed on the site. But where is Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection in the charts? I've looked everywhere for information on how many units its sold but nothing. And this site doesn't even have it in the games database whereas Halo 4 was in it before the release of the game. I'm sure the mods are busy but there weren't that many games released on the 6th, were there?

Netherlands, Swiss, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland added.

Eurogamer

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has predictably stolen the show this week in the UK charts and is out front by a country mile.

Question is, big is Black Ops 2 relative to the other record-breaking Call of Duty launches?Activision's announcement last week of a $500 million day-one didn't give a lot away.

Black Ops 2 was the biggest launch of 2012, but only the 4th biggest of all time. Presumably then it's behind Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops 1 and... San Andreas? We're checking.

The Xbox 360 version of Black Ops 2 was the most popular, dominating 60 per cent of all sales. The PS3 version claimed 38 per cent.

Last week's leader Halo 4 made $220 million in one day, incidentally. This week Halo 4 is second.

PS3 Move game Wonderbook: Book of Spells was released week. This child-aimed JK Rowling collaboration comes with a plastic book that transforms into a Harry Potter magic book when viewed by the PlayStation Eye. There's no such Potter-mania surrounding Wonderbook, however, as the game has a weak first week in 25th.

Our Dan Whitehead reviewed Wonderbook: Book of Spells last week.

Cartoon racers F1 Race Stars and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed spent their first weeks even lower, in 26th and 27th respectively. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is the pick of the two, having earned 9/10 in its Eurogamer review.

The full top run-down is: Black Ops 2 (1), Halo 4 (2), FIFA 13 (3), Assassin's Creed (4), Skylanders Giants (5), NFS: Most Wanted (6), Just Dance 4 (7), Borderlands 2 (8), The Sims 3: Seasons (9), Football Manager 2013 (10).

The full UK charts will follow.