By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Resident evil damnation

Did you like it?

Yes 9 39.13%

No 5 21.74%

Want to watch but didn't see it yet 7 30.43%

No interest in watching it. 2 8.70%

Total:23

Just watched it. I don't get why no one is talking about this movie? This is a videogame site you'd think a majority would watch this movie since it's in the same continuity as the games.

As much as I like Leon and Ada I got to say I didn't like the movie. Animation was bad and the lip sync was horrendous. The B movie plot wasn't good either. One of the characters I really disliked. I disliked this character within the first 20 seconds they showed him (he didn't even say anything at that point) and was glad when he finally died.  There were way too many jokes/puns in it. Some were funny but he just kept coming out with them one after another. Character redesign for Ada was weird to me. She didn't even look like Ada. I didn't recognize her until after she introduced herself and was surprised. She barely looks Asian anymore. Didn't like her voice actor either she just wasn't as good as Sally with Adas coy style. Leon's voice actor was adequate though I'm guessing he was chosen since he sounds a lot like the old voice actor.

I really wished they would add more BOWs like the amphibian creatures or the giant spiders then just lickers and Tyrants (though they were good albeit a little too big). I liked RE: Degeneration a lot more than this.

So what did you guys think of the movie.

Around the Network

I loved RE Damnation! The RE CG movies are way better than the live action RE movies. Imo.

Personally I feel that all video game movies should do CG so they can keep the voice actors we know and love, rather than hiring some actor that doesnt even come close to the looks and characteristics of the game character. I did not think Mark Wahlberg wouldve made a good Nathan Drake and doubt there'll be anybody that can present a good Snake for MGS movie.

KylieDog said:
Most of the RE community seem to really like it.

Outside of bad lip sync (due to it being created for japanese language sync) it does most things really well.

There is no japanese dub for this movie
Every time I see someone in a forum talk about this movie they only seem to mention how bad the live actions are and how they messed up Leon in the live action. Retribution looked bad so guess what I didn't watch it and I don't think about it. It's like the RE community believes just because the cgi movies are in the same continuity they are automaticaly good movies. I judged this movie based on its merits as a movie not whether or not it is the same universe as the games.

I haven't seen Damnation, but I have seen Degeneration (that's the one in the airport terminal, right?)

It was fun to watch. For some reason I felt like I was watching a really long game cutscene, though, 'cause it had the same awkwardness of video game human movements. It wasn't on par with other CG films in that regard at all. As soon as I got in a more video game-y mindset it took off.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

the movie was ok... was expecting a horror movie though

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Got it today and will watch it today. Well i expect an entertaining movie like the first CGi Film. Nothing more.

yup.. that's the best parts of the movie...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Watched it today. And it was really good. Way better than i expectet.The final battle is really epic in my opinion.

8 out of 10.

Have to try and watch this. Degeneration was quite good in my opinion.

I loved it and I went through couple of redbox to find it. It was worth the search because I really loved it from beginning to end. It would have been cool if the movie came with the purchase of res6 or preorder incentive.