By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Retro Studios Working on WiiU Engines

Viper1 said:
F0X said:
Viper1 said:

Which is a good thing.   If they can modify UE 2 that well, imagine how good they could modify UE 3.9?  or UE 4?

Who says this isn't what Retro is working on? The rumor about Retro impressing Epic Games... may be close to the truth,

Tha was my point with my original post about MP using a modified UE2.

I can see that. I'm 100% with you on the probability of this rumor being true.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

I've tried to contact Retro Studios, but there is no e-mail. Just an address and a phone number for Austin, Texas.

Even their website is drop dead simple using low res images... Those guys definitely don't want to get e-mails from their fanbase.

FrancisNobleman said:
I've tried to contact Retro Studios, but there is no e-mail. Just an address and a phone number for Austin, Texas.

Even their website is drop dead simple using low res images... Those guys definitely don't want to get e-mails from their fanbase.

I talked to them about their web site many years ago (redesiging it, hosting it, keeping it updated and active).   It's apparently just not that important to them.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

That would be wicked if those rumors were set in stone!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

I have great expectations for Retro Studios on what they will create on WiiU

Around the Network

I'm only partially happy for this rumor. I hope retro will have the time to develop their own games, since they have excellent game and level design skills.

freebs2 said:
I'm only partially happy for this rumor. I hope retro will have the time to develop their own games, since they have excellent game and level design skills.

I wouldn't worry about that. Eventhough the engineers might be working on an engine for WiiU (just like every company does at the beginning of a new gen) the rest of the studio must be working on something.

And the best way to try the new engine is making a game!

Even Epic developed Gears of War alongside UE3.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.