By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why can't we forget about the Console Wars...?

I didn't read the OP but I'll probably agree. It's one thing to enjoy debating, but it's another thing to make every single post one that creates some sort of attack your 'enemies.' It's like you're obligated to post to get one over on people. And it's based on something as arbitrary as console preference. I guess if you like A, then you must automatically hate B. Then you must form an alliance with people that also like A, while forming disdain for those that like B. The problem is multiplied due to the fact that these people almost always suck at actually putting up a decent debate. So, it's not like they're ever constructive. It's truly sad to see them in action.

Around the Network

Many now dormant old members are likely to come back when it is known when Microsoft and Sony will start it up again. Not really much to argue about when the PS3 and 360 are a bunch of old farts saying, "get the off my yard and turn down that music," all the time. And, a large amount of people ignore portables, and play with their grown-up toys, like: Tablets, PCs, fast cars, loose women and beer bongs.

Jay520 said:
I didn't read the OP but I'll probably agree. It's one thing to enjoy debating, but it's another thing to make every single post one that creates some sort of attack your 'enemies.' It's like you're obligated to post to get one over on people. And it's based on something as arbitrary as console preference. I guess if you like A, then you must automatically hate B. Then you must form an alliance with people that also like A, while forming disdain for those that like B. The problem is multiplied due to the fact that these people almost always suck at actually putting up a decent debate. So, it's not like they're ever constructive. It's truly sad to see them in action.

Spot on.

FrancisNobleman said:
Forgetting the console wars is like dividing by zero.

the world collapses

This needs to be quoted. Someone, please write this down.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I'm divided on this one.

On one hand, fanboys make the majority of reasonable, easy-going video game fans look like rabid, reactionary children. The Bayonetta incident was one of the worst I've seen.

On the other hand, it's fun to debate which console is better, just like it's fun to argue which game is better, which controller is better, which developer is better. As long as those debates can be held in a civil way, I think they are actually quite constructive.

I completely agree. Civil debates don't bother me, as it is fun, but when the debates turn into arguements and the curse words are brought out thats when it bothers me.

Around the Network

I never understood why people did this, they're just arguing over what console they have more fun on. And everyone's different, so if one person like the ps3 more than the 360, why should you care? You have your own console which you love to play on, so why get into a arguement over what someone else bought with their own money and enjoyed? I really don't understand people sometimes.

Its human nature to be competitive about things that we like.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

ineed to use my Wiimote for something dude! why ells would I have bought it? kill the Nintendo haters! KILL TEM ALL!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I honestly don't see a problem with having console debates and whatnot.

People have been debating and arguing about LAKERS vs CELTICS for decades, right?
Some people like to debate and argue PC vs MAC, right?
How about FORD vs CHEVY?

So why can't people have their console debates?
So what.

because kids have no money.

oh and pc vs mac is not even a competition since one has much better versatility. Ford vs chevy has no point because they both suck big donkey balls.