By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U GPU Type CONFIRMED! Custom AMD E6760!

HappySqurriel said:
TheBardsSong said:
lilbroex said:
TheBardsSong said:
This would be a lot easier if Nintendo just came out and confirmed all the specs. I think the fact they don't want to talk about it tells us it might not be what we hope.

Its something they have done for over a decade. It tells us nothing other than that they are stilling doing things that same way.

I remember having concrete facts on what the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, and even Wii's CPUs were clocked at.

Nintendo never released any information on the Wii's hardware ...

That may be true, I think the actual specs were leaked for the Wii.

Around the Network
Mazty said:
TheSource said:

This is what Nintendo has always done really save for Wii.

NES was a super computer...by 1982 standards when it came out in 1985.

SNES was a super computer...by 1989 standards when it came out in 1991.

N64 was a super computer...by 1994 standards when it came out in 1996.

GC was a super computer...by 1999 standards when it came out in 2001.

Wii was a super computer...by 2000 standards when it came out in 2006.

Wii U is a super computer...by say, 2009 standards when it comes out in 2012.

Nintendo's model assumes profitable hw + mass consumer adoption + strong internal games = massive profit. Wii came at the most difficult time in Nintendo's history so they spent less on hw than usual

Couldn't be further from the truth. 

The Wii U kicks out out a Petaflop? Why make stuff up? The Wii U is equivalent to a supercomputer from '96 and so was the Wii. 

BTW I think people are confusing TFlops with Gflops. 

Yes, well, if you'd want to take the term literally. The PS4/720 will be a supercomputer from '97. What's the point?

This was probably meant as an example only.

S.Peelman said:
Mazty said:
TheSource said:

This is what Nintendo has always done really save for Wii.

Nintendo's model assumes profitable hw + mass consumer adoption + strong internal games = massive profit. Wii came at the most difficult time in Nintendo's history so they spent less on hw than usual

Couldn't be further from the truth. 

The Wii U kicks out out a Petaflop? Why make stuff up? The Wii U is equivalent to a supercomputer from '96 and so was the Wii. 

BTW I think people are confusing TFlops with Gflops. 

Yes, well, if you'd want to take the term literally. The PS4/720 will be a supercomputer from '97. What's the point?

An example that was horribly, horribly wrong?

Why use the term "super computer" for any reason other than literally? It was wrong and people talking about "supercomputers" have no idea what they are talking about. Do they mean gaming PCs?? 

pezus said:

So nothing too unsurprising really. 

Both parties are unsurprised, I wonder why you guys fought

TheSource said:

"This is what Nintendo has always done really save for Wii.

Nintendo's model assumes profitable hw + mass consumer adoption + strong internal games = massive profit. Wii came at the most difficult time in Nintendo's history so they spent less on hw than usual"

For once im going to fully agree with Turkish and say......WHAt?!?!? and i would like to add....IS THIS?!?!?!

Around the Network
TheBardsSong said:
lilbroex said:
TheBardsSong said:
This would be a lot easier if Nintendo just came out and confirmed all the specs. I think the fact they don't want to talk about it tells us it might not be what we hope.

Its something they have done for over a decade. It tells us nothing other than that they are stilling doing things that same way.

I remember having concrete facts on what the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, and even Wii's CPUs were clocked at.

Not from Nintendo. They've never released the specs of the full specs of the GC and the Wii. The specs taht were leaked for the Wii wrong.

People actually openened it up and found out all of the informatin like that the Wii has 3 processors.

All of the informaiton we know about the GC and Wii aside from the basic features, names of the CPU/GPU and the amount of RAM came from sources other than Nintendo.

SNES, Nintendo64 and Nintendo Gamecube were top notch, technology wise, consoles, that could perform the best grafix available, at the moment of their launch

lilbroex said:
TheBardsSong said:
lilbroex said:
TheBardsSong said:

Not from Nintendo. They've never released the specs of the full specs of the GC and the Wii. The specs taht were leaked for the Wii wrong.

People actually openened it up and found out all of the informatin like that the Wii has 3 processors.

All of the informaiton we know about the GC and Wii aside from the basic features, names of the CPU/GPU and the amount of RAM came from sources other than Nintendo.

Nope Nintendo released full GameCube specs. On or around Spaceworld 2000 in August of that year.

Mazty said:
S.Peelman said:

An example that was horribly, horribly wrong?

Why use the term "super computer" for any reason other than literally? It was wrong and people talking about "supercomputers" have no idea what they are talking about. Do they mean gaming PCs?? 

I could agree that there was probably a better word for it . And yes, personally I took it as meaning high-end PC's.

lilbroex said:
Captain_Tom said:

So it essentially has a partially nerfed HD 6570 GDDR5 graphics card.  Just in case anybody is wondering, that's a joke lol!   It can probably play games that look better than the current consoles, but not much.  At most, it will run games at 1080p with 30 fps, same settings as they have now.  In 720p, 60 FPS on med-high might be possible...

Its already doing better than that according to the Toki Tori, BO2, and ZombiU devs.

How so?  OMG BO2 running 1080p 60 fps?  Don't make me laugh!  My $300 Netbook can run COD:BO above 720p.  COD is NOT a modern game.