By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U GPU Type CONFIRMED! Custom AMD E6760!

There is one thing we can all agree on...if this is real someone probably got fired

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:

the dreamcast vmu did not allow you to sit in bed and continue to play the same game you were playing on the dreamcast using the controller, the wiiu controller will allow this in games, the vita was meant to be able to do it with ps3 games out of the box but now after a few months the only things that work without cfw are a few psx titles from the store like ff7 which works the exact same way with a psp.

Yes, the VMU doesn't have the same capabilities (not eve close). My point is that it was the first attempt to bring a second screen with complementar content for a game. RE 3 used it to show the health status. It's just a similar concept.

But Vita is meant to be a handheld. Using it as screen for PS3 it's just a secondary function. It's like criticizing Wii U'c controller because it won't work if the console isn't close.

torok said:
ganoncrotch said:

the dreamcast vmu did not allow you to sit in bed and continue to play the same game you were playing on the dreamcast using the controller, the wiiu controller will allow this in games, the vita was meant to be able to do it with ps3 games out of the box but now after a few months the only things that work without cfw are a few psx titles from the store like ff7 which works the exact same way with a psp.

Yes, the VMU doesn't have the same capabilities (not eve close). My point is that it was the first attempt to bring a second screen with complementar content for a game. RE 3 used it to show the health status. It's just a similar concept.

But Vita is meant to be a handheld. Using it as screen for PS3 it's just a secondary function. It's like criticizing Wii U'c controller because it won't work if the console isn't close.

that it doesn't actually do with stock firmware, while it was advertised as being able to do it, cross play has not been talked about other than by owners of hacked ps3s and hacked vitas who're lovin it :D but that's besides my point, I'm just saying that it is another part of what is making up the 300euros price tag that is hanging off the wii.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Mazty said:
S.Peelman said:

Dude, the E6760 was announced in 2011. It supports DirectX 11 or equivalent. Sure, you could get better. You can always get better. I, and pretty much everyone else, don't care.

It's still pretty new.

New doesn't mean powerful. Companies still make entry level cards that provide basic graphic functions....just because a card is announced in 2011 doesn't instantly make it a good gaming card in the past.

One, 'good' is subjective. But I won't get into this.

If you don't mind, I still go with "new > old" except when it's obviously not so; Atari Flashback is newer than XBox360 but definitely not better.

This is a pleasant surprise, DX11 functionality will serve the WiiU very well and make 3rd parties efforts simpler! This is very good news indeed!

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
This is a pleasant surprise, DX11 functionality will serve the WiiU very well and make 3rd parties efforts simpler! This is very good news indeed!

Guess I was wrong about you, you do actually post good things about Ninty.

Mummelmann said:

It's not news. At best a rumour but more likely complete fabrication. Why anyone would believe that a tech support guy would have any clue as to what's inside the WiiU is beyond me.

Narishma said:
Mummelmann said:

It's not news. At best a rumour but more likely complete fabrication. Why anyone would believe that a tech support guy would have any clue as to what's inside the WiiU is beyond me.

Its a very viable rumor in my opinion, it would be the best solution for compatability with both existing and future console hardware for multiplatform development and would be cost efficent for Nintendo even at launch.

menx64 said:
dahuman said:

The rumor started when a guy from some remote ass country I've never heard of emailed AMD and got a response, people called BS on GAF then a member on GAF tried the same trick and got the following reponse:

oh shit, no wonder rumors of DX11 was out there, it's DX11 capable.

Never ever heard of Spain???

All Jokes aside, I'd take this rumour with a huge grain of salt... Unless he is an engineer or a relative of someone who had that information, there is no reason why a tech support guy would have that information.

that's a country?

S.Peelman said:
Mazty said:
S.Peelman said:

Dude, the E6760 was announced in 2011. It supports DirectX 11 or equivalent. Sure, you could get better. You can always get better. I, and pretty much everyone else, don't care.

It's still pretty new.

New doesn't mean powerful. Companies still make entry level cards that provide basic graphic functions....just because a card is announced in 2011 doesn't instantly make it a good gaming card in the past.

One, 'good' is subjective. But I won't get into this.

If you don't mind, I still go with "new > old" except when it's obviously not so; Atari Flashback is newer than XBox360 but definitely not better.

Benchmarks remove subjection quite well. 

So new is better then old other then when it isn't....Well what about the GTX 295 of GTX460? Years between the two...
To determine if a card is better than another one, you have to compare them directly when we are talking about enthusiast/gaming cards.