Tagged games:

Nintendo should

be more like Sony in gene... 35 19.55%

have at least one studio like Team Ico. 53 29.61%

not bother with the segment. 91 50.84%

Total:179
Andrespetmonkey said:
WiiBox3 said:
The more entertainment the better for us gamers. But I don't agree with them copying Sony's marketing strategy.

I think "Can't afford Wii U? get second job lolz" would work perfectly

That was their worst idea. Get another job to pay for it, unfortunately you then wont have any time to play since you are working two jobs. They should have pulled a MS and had a payment plan. For a new PS3 pay $200 down and $18/ month for two years. They might have sold more at the $600 price point.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

1) Above and beyond fantasy, to the point of surrealism. (read Team Ico)

2) The best games I've ever played (read quality vs classic).

3) Nintendo makes games more for kids. Read quality vs genre or taste/segment.

Okay...Except for maybe #2 (which I cannot dispute), those traits aren't exclusively associated with Sony. So, if Nintendo were to follow your suggestions, they wouldn't be copying Sony.

Jay520 said:
happydolphin said:

Okay...Except for maybe #2 (which I cannot dispute), those traits aren't exclusively associated with Sony. So, if Nintendo were to follow your suggestions, they wouldn't be copying Sony.

Jay. The best games EYE have ever played. For anyone who understands what I see in those games, use that to ask yourself "should Nintendo try some of that?".

happydolphin said:
Jay520 said:
" Should at least one studio of Nintendo's go after this segment, my segment? Your thoughts"

What do you mean by this? What segment are you talking about?

The segment that likes games like those mentioned in the 1st paragraph of OP. Games that are neither gore nor fantasy, but something of their own, cinematic like Kresnik put it, classic. There is nothing like GT,  nothing like UC, nothing like SotC, these are classics.

My hope is that Nintendo will notice that quality and dedicate one internal studio to that.

But there are plenty of cinematic games that aren't fantasy/bloody that aren't made by Sony.

@Bold: that's subjective I guess. But even so, they still aren't the only cinematic non-fantasy/bloody games, not developed by Sony.

Kresnik said:
Anyway, I'm rambling now. To get back to your question in the OP - I'm not sure whether Nintendo should do it (and I'm not sure if they ever will), but it would certainly be very interesting to see. Nintendo are obviously very, very good at what they do - and they make sure what they put out is more polished to a fine tip. But a bit more diversity wouldn't hurt - trying something new wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea.

Some divergence from a formula that for me, at least, has become too formulaic, too predictable is exactly what I want. I've heard people say Nintendo should just keep doing what they do best as long as it proves successful, but I'd love them to take a "risk" with a new IP from one of their major internal studios. I say "risk" because what real risk is it? They're in such a great position right now; they have no shortage of money, it's the launch of a new console aiming for the core market... if they really believe in the studios they have, surely they trust them with simply doing something else? They're sitting on the next Zelda or Metroid right now.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Jay520 said:
happydolphin said:

Jay. The best games EYE have ever played. For anyone who understands what I see in those games, use that to ask yourself "should Nintendo try some of that?".

Well, based off what your reasoning, I disagree. I think Nintendo's style is better off not copying Sony.

Jay520 said:
Well, based off what your reasoning, I disagree. I think Nintendo's style is fine the way it is.

I'm out of motivation to explain myself more. There is noone (you say others do it too) that makes those types of games with the quality Sony does. That's my opinion and subjective taste and I was wondering if there were others who saw what I meant and thought "Geez, Nintendo should darn do that too!" Maybe "noone" is a big term, okay "few".

It's not complex.

happydolphin said:
Jay520 said:
Well, based off what your reasoning, I disagree. I think Nintendo's style is fine the way it is.

I'm out of motivation to explain myself more. There is noone (you say others do it too) that makes those types of games with the quality Sony does. That's my opinion and subjective taste and I was wondering if there were others who saw what I meant and thought "Geez, Nintendo should darn do that too!" Maybe "noone" is a big term, okay "few".

It's not complex.

there is no need for further explanation. I understand your point, but I disagree.

Jay520 said:
there is no need for further explanation. I understand your point, but I disagree.

Okay, then give me examples of games you find better or equal to SotC, Uncharted and GT. Go ahead.

The metric: That are classics that appeal to the older teen segment.

It comes down to personal taste.