Xbox 360:

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

Gun

Sega Dreamcast

Ready 2 Rumble

Dynamite Cop

Sega Genesis

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

Just pointing out how awesome and advanced those "next gen" console games were when compared to the previous gen.  Give the Wii U some time, people.  Some Xbox 360 games actually ran WORSE than the same title on the original Xbox (ie:  Tomb Raider Legend).  Some Dreamcast games looked almost exactly like PS1 titles (ie: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater).  I know a lot of people want to see an instantaneous leap in power when they see a Wii U but it doesn't work like that.  Gears of War took a year to come out.  Uncharted took a year.  It would be nice to see an instant advantage but it's going to take a little time to see the true power of the Wii U.

That is all.

(and yes, I know there were some stand out titles like Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast.  That was 1999.  Quit living in the past.)

Around the Network

I liked Gun :3 -- Can you imagine how the Wii U F-Zero will look like? or the Metroid? Star Fox!? Zelda!?! *faints*

Busted said:
I liked Gun :3 -- Can you imagine how the Wii U F-Zero will look like? or the Metroid? Star Fox!? Zelda!?! *faints*

Would you rather have F-Zero on Wii U or 3DS?  Both is the easy answer but if you only had one choice what would you pick? I like how Mario Kart 7 looks with the 3D on.  Although, a Wii U version would obviously look the best.

Dynamite Cop was pretty damn funny though. Smashing people with pretty much everything you could find XD.

The generation leap that impressed me the most in my gaming career would probably be 8 - 16 bit. I know Contra 3 wasn't a launch game on SNES but when my friend brought his SNES over and showed me the game (was a huge Contra fan from NES days) I was blown away. I was like holy shit how did they get the graphics this good? There is no way they can get any better than this...

Around the Network

I am sssoooooooo looking forward to 3D Mario on WiiU.

SMGs are considered some of the best looking game this gen by many people. Imagine what they're going to do on WiiU!

Also, Mario Kart U and Smash Bros. Universe + good online + Miiverse is going to be 

Super Mario Galaxy shows that Nintendo don't need the latest technology to create beautiful games. The Wii U could even be on par with Xbox 360 as far as I care (which isn't far enough to reach third parties).

Edit: Damn it! Got ninja'd by mere seconds.

Busted said:

Yeah, I liked GUN a lot, too.  I even had it in my head that Red Dead Redemption was inferior to GUN......until I went back and played it.  It looked horrible!  And I still plan on buying Tony Hawk on the 360 one day.  I"d bought every one before it so I was a little burned out on the franchise but it turned out that we never got another game like the old PS2 games except for Wasteland.

The idea of what games will look like once developers really start pushing the Wii U makes my mouth water, too.  I just wanted to remind people how poorly "next gen" consoles often start things off.  But, with the Wii U using this gen's best games (Batman, Mass Effect) as a starting point, the future looks very bright from where I'm sitting.

sethnintendo said:
Busted said:

Would you rather have F-Zero on Wii U or 3DS?  Both is the easy answer but if you only had one choice what would you pick? I like how Mario Kart 7 looks with the 3D on.  Although, a Wii U version would obviously look the best.

mmm... actually that's a very interesting question, i don't know of course it would look amazing on Wii U but the 3D effect it's perfect for F-Zero too, i'd have to say Wii U but i wouldn't be mad if it was for the 3DS.

Meh, it's always the same with consoles launches: A lot of ports and some nice looking exclusives which are being used to judge the graphical power of the console even before launch.

In the past Nintendo has been one of the best companies when it came to pushing graphics at launch (Mario 64, Luigi's Mansion...) but their Wii U launch games simply don't rely on good graphics.

Somehow people always forget that outside the first party line-up launch games never look that great. It will be the same next year when PS4/720 launch: "That looks like a Wii U game! How dare you, Sony / Microsoft!"