By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Film Recommendations wanted

I'm not sure what they are called but I'm a fan of what I like to call "locked room mysteries" films where a group of people find themselves locked in a room without a clue how they got there and have to find a way to escape.

E.g the original Saw, Cube Unknown etc.

Basically what I would like are recommendations of good films that take this angle.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

when you say unknown you mean the neeson film,so you don't mind memory loss films like momento,i'm finding ot hard to think of any other locked in a room/escaping films right now

edit- what about that brit horror film where they are stuck in a lift not sure if its any good,probably low budget

Above & Beyond

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter ... and Spring

Another kind of locked in horror.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

zuvuyeay said:

when you say unknown you mean the neeson film,so you don't mind memory loss films like momento,i'm finding ot hard to think of any other locked in a room/escaping films right now

edit- what about that brit horror film where they are stuck in a lift not sure if its any good,probably low budget

No, there was another film called unknown that was much earlier than Neeson's it was about 5 people who woke up in a warehouse after a gas cannister leaked knocking them all unconsious and giving them memory loss. They figure out straight away that this was a kidnap and ransom attempt that went a bit wrong but none of them can figure out who the kidnappers are and the victims are.

Here's a trailer for it

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

yes,i hadn't heard of that one but it looks worth a watch i'll have to remember it but there doesn't seem to be too many of what you want,after some research,like trapped and not knowing what's going on,mostly low budget though but here are some

Hunger 2009, House of 9 2005, Exam 2009 seem to be what you are after,maybe BURIED

Devil is that brit horror where people are trapped but i don't know what it is like,films like VACANCY and 1408 have people trying to get out of a room,House on haunted hill is a film where people stay in a house from 1999

Panic Room is a pretty good film with jodie foster stuck in her house and Moon is pretty good for something if you haven't seen it and FROZEN seems to be about decisions but i haven't seen that,its all i got

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
yes,i hadn't heard of that one but it looks worth a watch i'll have to remember it but there doesn't seem to be too many of what you want,after some research,like trapped and not knowing what's going on,mostly low budget though but here are some

Hunger 2009, House of 9 2005, Exam 2009 seem to be what you are after,maybe BURIED

Devil is that brit horror where people are trapped but i don't know what it is like,films like VACANCY and 1408 have people trying to get out of a room,House on haunted hill is a film where people stay in a house from 1999

Panic Room is a pretty good film with jodie foster stuck in her house and Moon is pretty good for something if you haven't seen it and FROZEN seems to be about decisions but i haven't seen that,its all i got

I've seen most of these, I keep hearing about Vacancy maybe I should get on with that. Thanks for the research

The Intouchables

French Movie, it won academy awards.

It is drama.

FrancisNobleman said:
The Intouchables

French Movie, it won academy awards.

It is drama.

But it's not what I was asking for though. I personally have a dislike for "feel-good, life affirming" films

Oldboy

okr said:
Oldboy

Yes, the film is excellent but the captivity is a platform for the story but not the story itself (if that makes sense)