By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Film Recommendations wanted

Yes, makes sense but I don't know other locked room movies, only Cube, Oldboy and Panic Room (which I didn't like).

Here's a only very slightly related recommendation: "Murder by the Death" (not "locked room", but "locked house"). A crime parody with Alec Guinness as blind butler Jamessir Bensonmum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCecr_2Tnvs , plus Peter Sellers, Maggie Smith, David Niven, Peter Falk and, as icing on the cake, Truman Capote. Stupid, funny, but mostly for people who like crime parodies and/or those actors.

Around the Network

How about that semi shitty film with aliens that end up dying from water? Signs

They are trapped in the downstairs by aliens... Not sure how a boarded up basement is enough to protect yourself against aliens...

sethnintendo said:

They are trapped in the downstairs by aliens... Not sure how a boarded up basement is enough to protect yourself against aliens...

I'm ashamed to say I actually liked Signs

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
sethnintendo said:

I'm ashamed to say I actually liked Signs

Well it wasn't terrible but after the end where you find out their weak point (water) it kind of ruined it for me.  I just don't see how water can be deadly unless you drown.  I suppose the alien could have developed on a world absent of water or something but that seems to be stretching it a little.

How about 127 hours?  It isn't a group being trapped in a room but the guy was stuck and ended up cutting his arm off.  I couldn't watch that film because I don't think I could bare watching someone (even fake) cutting their arm off.

Definitely watch vacancy.

Around the Network
thehusbo said:
Definitely watch vacancy.

Just realised I've seen this film before x_x

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Ajescent said:

I'm not sure what they are called but I'm a fan of what I like to call "locked room mysteries" films where a group of people find themselves locked in a room without a clue how they got there and have to find a way to escape.

E.g the original Saw, Cube Unknown etc.

Basically what I would like are recommendations of good films that take this angle.

Devil it is a bit like that. But it is a good movie

Try checking out a 2001 movie starring Thora Birch and Keira Knightly called 'The Hole'.

AndrewWK said:
Ajescent said:

I'm not sure what they are called but I'm a fan of what I like to call "locked room mysteries" films where a group of people find themselves locked in a room without a clue how they got there and have to find a way to escape.

E.g the original Saw, Cube Unknown etc.

Basically what I would like are recommendations of good films that take this angle.

Devil it is a bit like that. But it is a good movie

Assuming we are talking about the same film, That is possibly my favourite M. Knight Shamalyan film EVER loved every moment of it.

TrevDaRev said:
Try checking out a 2001 movie starring Thora Birch and Keira Knightly called 'The Hole'.

I've seen that one as well.