By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U storage preferences

I got the black one, not for the extra memory, but for the charging cradle $20 and the game $60.

Since I tend to buy a lot of DLC and DL Games, I will get an external HDD as well. I wonder if you can install disc based games to the Wii U...

Around the Network
FromDK said:
I think i will get a 64 G sd card.. will not have any more moving parts.. (and more noise and heat) if thats not enugh.. i will bye a 64 G sd more..

But it all depends.. if i can play my mp4 and avi movies from hd, i will just use one of my usb HD..

An other thing.. does anybody knows, if we can tranfer the wii ware demos to wii u..?

Demos are not confirmed but I cannot imagine why they couldn't if everything else can be transfered.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

32gb sounds like total acorns, we all just need to know how big the average downloads are going to be. I'm sure there will be plenty of "nintendo arcade" games to get released in due time.

I have usb hdds and sdcards laying around always so I'm just gonna use those lol

For those who are talking about getting a 64GB SD card, Nintendo said that WiiU was compatible with up to 32GB SDHC cards.

BE CAREFUL!

OT: Since I don't plan to get one at launch, I'll wait to see how the content management, demos, download games, etc. come to life. And then I'll probably go with the cheaper one because even 32GB of flash storage isn't that much if you plan to buy many digital games/DLCs, so some kind of external storage will be needed.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Get a 128 GB SD card, 3DS supports it so the Wii U should as well.

Wanna trade? Ha. I would've most likely preordered the deluxe model, since I have a weakness for buying the more expensive of the two with anything .. but my only options were white, or wait, since the deluxe was sold out. I still say unless my DL habits change considerably, I'm good to go with the 8gig storage. It could also be my eyes, but the screen looks larger surrounded by white, vs black. Kind of like a room painted in white, vs a darker color. Just seems bigger.

The other stuff included, would probably never really be used. With a toddler running around, I'm not looking to put my console on any stand, or the controller either, to be knocked down. Charging cradle would eventually collect dust. And while I plan on getting Nintendoland, I'm sure Ebay will be flooded with them, and I can get an almost new game for less than $60.

My goal is to get a WiiU, and play the living hell out of ZombiU. All other games (And there are MANY I want) will have to wait. So I'm taking the cheapest route come November.

Well, looking at the what's being stored on my Xbox 360 HDD I would definitely buy the Deluxe set with the 32GB Wii U and add a 32GB SD card or a small external HDD later on when I use up all the space.

JEMC said:

For those who are talking about getting a 64GB SD card, Nintendo said that WiiU was compatible with up to 32GB SDHC cards.

BE CAREFUL!

OT: Since I don't plan to get one at launch, I'll wait to see how the content management, demos, download games, etc. come to life. And then I'll probably go with the cheaper one because even 32GB of flash storage isn't that much if you plan to buy many digital games/DLCs, so some kind of external storage will be needed.

Go deluxe.

Free game and earn a return on the purchase price of yrou digital downloads.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

JEMC said:

BE CAREFUL!

I agree, I was going to mention that, however since most of the difference between SDHC and SDXC (greater than 32GB) in formatting, a device can be updated to support SDXC easily, though if you put an SDXC card in an SDHC only system, it will be formatted to SDHC. An SDHC card reader can easily be updated to support SDXC depending on the manufacturer (this according to the https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/sdxc_capabilities/using_sdxc/)