By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP price drop in Japan from tomorrow.

Good job. The Vita wasn't dead enough.

Around the Network

That's going to sell well for a while. And good strategy, announcing a price cut right before it happening.

And it's not the Wifi-less euro PSP Street, so that's good too.

RolStoppable said:

You just don't understand business. Sony needs to sell more PSPs in order to afford selling the PSV at a lower price.

You just don't understand Sony's decision making process.

Yeah, this is a really bad idea if they're trying to get people to pickup the Vita more.

PSP is now cheaper than a DSi which still is officially 15.000 yen (of course, it's sold for much less unofficially)

Yeah, maybe that won't be good for vita.

Around the Network

Actually, the standard PSP 3000 has now dropped to 13,800 yen. The one listed in the OP is the Value Pack (includes 2GB MS Pro Duo, a storage pouch/case, and a microfiber cleaning cloth), which has also dropped in price to 14,800 yen. They both dropped by 3,000 yen from their previous pricepoints.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/psp/hardware/

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

they say Nintendo is at its best when they are desperate, Sony on the other hand...

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

kowenicki said:
Odd.

3rd party developers working on Vita in Japan must be tearing their hair out.

Well at least one of them are making a vita & psp games. 

They only seem to sell the pants street PSP with no wi-fi here in the UK. At least, I can't find any 3000's new anymore. I wonder what this is going to mean for the price of that.

kowenicki said:
Odd.

3rd party developers working on Vita in Japan must be tearing their hair out.

Don't be silly, they don't exist!