By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

DarkThanatos said:

I believe this is the current table, let me know if I missed something. 

As I think we are all tired of Day 1. 

I vote timelight.

Just in case we can't make a decision in the next 24 hours. 

Noctis, Linkz, Smeags, Carl and Yoshiya are still to vote. What are your opinions at the moment?

I really dont think we can afford a mis-lynch if Kantor gets modkilled. If he is a Town power role and if we lynch Zero (Who is also giving Town vibes), then thats beyond great for Scum/3rd parties. I guess really, it depends on Kantor's role in the game.

Id be wary of anyone rushing to get the day over and done with. Especially with a vote on a player who seems to be Town.

Around the Network

Does anyone have a list of who is what race yet?

Id like to see who has claimed what. Who's claimed to be Human, Corrupted, Shadowspawn, Shadowling or Godlike?

hatmoza said:
theprof00 said:
Not to twll you what to do mario but if you want to go against mantle youre opening yourself up. We have no real proof of you either and we dont want any. Better to let stuff like that resolve itself.
as a note mantle is generally a cautious player, so i dont see him making a mistake like that so early.
happy commented earlier tht mantle was bad, but mantle is generally my tpughest read mostly because hes so safe with everything he says.

because I'm a likeable dude.

I especially like Mantle's scum list.

Zero on the other hand... zero is acting a lot like he was behaving day one of last game. Probably most of you forgot but I remember him playing the overly passionate and eager town first day because that's were I got cut off the following night. We let 'em off the hook based on the reasons many of you are using now. He turned out scum. Whether that's a consistency in his game style or a trend he expresses when he's scum will be found out after his flip.

I haven't played last round so I have never played with Zero so here's the point of view of someone without previous interaction with him:

When he made his post about blindly following you, he instantly jumped up my suspicion list, also he's still the only one to claim he received Shadowspawn as his role not Shadowling so I figured, he was scum who went for the safeclaim using what was available in the OP.

Afterwards, he went on his crusade about the impossibility of -spawns and -lings being both town, he went at it with such passion that it made me doubt he could be scum. He seemed genuinely stunned that everyone didn't understand things the way he did.

So to anybody who's played with him, do you believe Zero able to fake it like this? Does it fit with what you know of his playstyle?

Signature goes here!

theprof00 said:

-first post intro
-some posts of no import
-Asks mantle why he would straight up refuse to take the lie detector

page 2
-asks thanatos why he is against no lynches
-Mantle comments on that question and radish responds 'why are you afraid of thanatos answering the question'.
-responds again that his asking DT was supported by the fact DT answered
-Mantle asks "ok, so what did you get from his answer". Radish responds, not much, but there's no hurt in trying
-Mantle makes a sjoke vote on DT, Radish asks if it was just an example or if mantle has found something of insight
-Radish says something like DT is acting similar to zero last game. Doesn't cast suspicion, just making a note. (it was directed at a yoshi post)
-2 posts of no import, then asks mantle if he's a bearer of light

page 3
-says mantle was oviously not claiming human or shadow, so maybe godlike. Says "the races might be randomized with mafia stuck in each one". (I think he's actually the first person to point this out)

page4
no posts
page5
-asks why would mario and mantle claim godlike if they knew that races was anti-town. Reinforces again that mafia must be spread across races.
here's a post, not worth repeating
-Quotes hat saying "mantle is scum, I'll explain tomorrow". Radish expresses hesitance.
-Says the flavor hunting is just causing confusion. (I disagree. I think a lot of reads surfaced from it)
-Says he 'thought he understood the theme until the flavor meta'.
-Says he doubts we've cracked the drm.

page 6
-Pulls away from mantle, says he makes sense now. Doesn't have any other leads. (although I'm wondering where he had a lead on mantle in the first place. He hesitated on hat's push for mantle, never really accused him of anything, and only made light accusations. Accordingly, he was kind of backing mantle up the entire time by saying that scum were likely placed among all the races)
-Says "wasn't there a round where one faction had no name and others didn't".
some posts that aren't worth posting again
-Asks 'wasn't prof trying to argue that having a name has something to do with alignment (this is a red flag to me, i will get to this in the next post).
-says he thinks both me and hd are mafia arguing together

page 7
-tells zero 'you know if we lynch prof and he flips town, you're in trouble"
defends the shadowspawn/ling thing
-Votes zero. Says 'i don't know whether you're mafia, i just want the flavor madness to end'.
-Zero asks "what's wrong radish, getting worried", he responds by unvoting and saying 'i think you've gotten the point. My vote wasn't to lynch but to stop you.

What I don't like from radish reading this review of his posts is that he's been consistently trying to shut down flavor discussion but unlike Final-Fan who I honestly believe is totally sick of it, radish's interventions feel more like "Stop poking around, you're getting too close to the truth".

So to answer a earlier question you had, right now I'd be willing to lynch radish, mario, zero and linkz (mostly for being a ghost up until now, he's been awfully quiet).

Signature goes here!

Carl2291 said:

Id like to see who has claimed what. Who's claimed to be Human, Corrupted, Shadowspawn, Shadowling or Godlike?

As I recall:

TruckOSaurus - Shadowling (no name)
Prof - Shadowling (no name)
Zero - Shadowspawn (I don't believe he mentionned anything about a name)
Hatmoza - Corrupted Human (I don't believe he mentionned anything about a name)
Smeags - Wouldn't say but says he's a creature of the dark with a name
HappyDolphin - Corrupted Human (with a name)
mantlepiecek - Corrupted Human (with a name)
Mario - GodLike - important role (no mention of a name)
nen-suer - Shadowspawn

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

@nen-suer: Where do you stand on the whole -spawn vs -ling debate?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Carl2291 said:

As I recall:

TruckOSaurus - Shadowling (no name)
Prof - Shadowling (no name)
Zero - Shadowspawn (I don't believe he mentionned anything about a name)
Hatmoza - Corrupted Human (I don't believe he mentionned anything about a name)
Smeags - Wouldn't say but says he's a creature of the dark with a name
HappyDolphin - Corrupted Human (with a name)
mantlepiecek - Corrupted Human (with a name)
Mario - GodLike - important role (no mention of a name)
nen-suer - Shadowspawn 
**DarkThanatos - Corrupted Human (Can't remember a name)

**added

TruckOSaurus said:

Hey, that was my line!

Id like to hear from both Shadowspawn and Ling. I dont believe that there would be a sub-race of Shadowspawn without there being a significance to it.

I think DarkThanatos also claimed to be corrupted human... Not sure on a name though

Carl2291 said:
DarkThanatos said:

As I think we are all tired of Day 1. 

I vote timelight.

Just in case we can't make a decision in the next 24 hours. 

Noctis, Linkz, Smeags, Carl and Yoshiya are still to vote. What are your opinions at the moment?

I really dont think we can afford a mis-lynch if Kantor gets modkilled. If he is a Town power role and if we lynch Zero (Who is also giving Town vibes), then thats beyond great for Scum/3rd parties. I guess really, it depends on Kantor's role in the game.

Id be wary of anyone rushing to get the day over and done with. Especially with a vote on a player who seems to be Town.

I'm not saying lets lynch zero, I'm saying as it stands we have lots of flavour hunting, and people's slips from assumptions we have no evidence for. Whomever we lynch will have little/no evidence behind them. 

Therefore, i thnik giving us 24 hour timelimit to make a decision will just start the rest of the game so we can go into some more depth. My vote is still on Mantle as there is no-one else that stands out to me to vote for right now. I have a few slight scum feelings, but none that rise above the other.  I'll move my vote to finish someone else, or if something else makes me change it. 

I meant to say Timelimit rather then timelight btw. 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

TruckOSaurus said:

I understand what Zero was trying to say but i don't think its comparable to the "human vs corrupted human" situation because

both are still creatures of darkness & i still think its "light vs dark" theme.

Zero was my first & only suspect tonight (without using the flavour) but his interpretations &  thought process is making me think

he is a townie shadowspawn like me.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)