By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

Kantor said:

What I don't understand is how you even can scumhunt without looking at the flavour on Day One. There is literally nothing that has even happened so far.

Maybe we should start all Mafia games with Night One.

Sound a little defensive there Kantor

Around the Network

Just to clarify, Day 1 is probably the most important day in my opinion. It sets the stage for the rest of the game. A strong first day can put mafia at a disadvantage moving onward. Meta is not the best way to do it, but it certainly has its place. That being said, day 1 is not strictly a meta game, and there can be a lot gleaned from joke voting, vote training, etc.

"Vote training"? I am not confident I know what you mean here, though I have a guess or two.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

TruckOSaurus said:

If you were asking about what I think of his statement, here's what I got from it. Mario has to be Human, since his assessment about shadowspawns is wrong and since he had to guess what godlike was.

So what doese that mean? If your humans mafia you wouldn't declare humans as town and shadowspawns as mafia

with you first post in the round.

So i thought Mario was a "godlike" and was acting clueless about it in his post.

Mantle on the other hand flat out said that dark=scum thus elimenating any possiblity of him being anything but human. 

I have a feeling that stefl installed a DRM system in this round becouse this is just too easy.

Kantor said:
nen-suer said:

You suckers better scum hunt for real tonight :P

What I don't understand is how you even can scumhunt without looking at the flavour on Day One. There is literally nothing that has even happened so far.

We didnt use any themes or characters in the early mafia games and we did pretty good :P

Flavour hunting can give the town huge and unfair advantage over the scum thats why i dont like using it.

And you dont need to lynch someone for the day to mean something. Going back to early posts and digging stuff someone said

day 1 helped sealing alot of people fates.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Final-Fan said:
"Vote training"? I am not confident I know what you mean here, though I have a guess or two.

I'm talking about vote trains that start on things. THere is very little to go by on day, so one of the things that ends up happening is that people jump on others pretty quickly. This creates vote-trains, and counter-vote-trains. A lot can be gathered by how both the vote candidates and the onlookers react to these trains. I'm guessing you're wondering about your own vote-train of no-lynch. You seemed to be rather concerned about who voted for it first. Anyhoo, I would not call that a vote train, so don't worry about it. Nothing of interest there. :D

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Kantor said:

What I don't understand is how you even can scumhunt without looking at the flavour on Day One. There is literally nothing that has even happened so far.

Sound a little defensive there Kantor

Not at all; I just want to learn.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:

I'm talking about vote trains that start on things. THere is very little to go by on day, so one of the things that ends up happening is that people jump on others pretty quickly. This creates vote-trains, and counter-vote-trains. A lot can be gathered by how both the vote candidates and the onlookers react to these trains. I'm guessing you're wondering about your own vote-train of no-lynch. You seemed to be rather concerned about who voted for it first. Anyhoo, I would not call that a vote train, so don't worry about it. Nothing of interest there. :D

Aaaaah vote training as in participating in a vote train, not training to vote. I get it now, you lost me there for a while!

Signature goes here!

nen-suer said:
TruckOSaurus said:

If you were asking about what I think of his statement, here's what I got from it. Mario has to be Human, since his assessment about shadowspawns is wrong and since he had to guess what godlike was.

So what doese that mean? If your humans mafia you wouldn't declare humans as town and shadowspawns as mafia

with you first post in the round.

So i thought Mario was a "godlike" and was acting clueless about it in his post.

Mantle on the other hand flat out said that dark=scum thus elimenating any possiblity of him being anything but human. 

I have a feeling that stefl installed a DRM system in this round becouse this is just too easy

I have to agree with nen-seur here, I think the OP makes humans = scum and townies fellow shadowspawns. 

However I think that Mario and Mantle are Godlike. Mario was clueless, and so implies that he is neither Human or Shadowspan as he would then know. 

Mantle flat out got it wrong, which implies to me that he took a straight up assumption, which has backfired when he got it wrong. I think if he was human, he would then know that dark = town and visa versa. 

As it stands, I am not yet sure whether Godlike are on our side as powerful townies or whether they are their own seperate scum/serialkiller etc. 

Anyone think of any flaws in my logic that i have missed? 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:

"rather concerned" lolwut I don't recall mentioning it outside of when stefl forgot to inclue me in the votals

I was just verifying what your terminology meant since I think everyone else calls that bandwagoning. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:

Aaaaah vote training as in participating in a vote train, not training to vote. I get it now, you lost me there for a while!

Wow, that was deeeep. You guys lost me, but now I'm found.