By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

mantlepiecek said:
hatmoza said:
This flavoring is making me feel uneasy. Mainly because I didn't notice any references yet other players seemlessly catch them.

and it also doesn't help that every time I try to become familiar with my character through name/google I'm linked to usernames of other forumn sites, fanfiction, writers, or fan music.

Very frustrating.

This is a made up theme, so obviously there won't be any information on usernames.

I'm well aware of that, but I get desperate to stay on par with what is going on with stuff I don't understand. Now that I see that it was nothing more than a game of thrones reference. I feel better. All the talk about darkness and light and affilations to certain type of people and what not had me going...

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

@Mantle: Is the fact that you didn't unvote after placing that example vote a coincidence, or was that hinting at a feeling that you've gained out of Thanatos?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Smeags said:
*Layman's term mode*

Carl posted "The night is dark and full of terrors"

That quote is from Game of Thrones.

The people who say that are worshipers of R'hllor.

R'hllor is the Lord of Light, Heart of Fire, and God of Light and Shadow.

Since we're in the Realm of Darkness, we don't like Light and Fire, which is what R'hllor represents.

Therefore, Carl's quote was a bad one. That's all I wanted to say.

*End layman's term mode*

Cursed shadowlings, why must you misconstrue my words!

Thou art a lord of sorts it would seem. Not that I asketh a claim of thee, but thine air of superiority compelleth me.

(Okay, I won't be able to keep up this olde english :P)

mantlepiecek said:
DarkThanatos said:
mantlepiecek said:
Smeags said:
Carl2291 said:
Reporting in.

The night is dark and full of terrors.

As someone who was Stannis in the Game of Thrones Mafia game, this actually wasn't a very good quote choice Carl.

This is a prayer from R'hllor...

He is described as the Lord of Light, Heart of Fire, and the God of Flame and Shadow. These are things we have abolished from the Realm of Darkness... and what you speak of is treachery is these parts.

The shadows betray you... because they belong to me.

Are you claiming mafia here?

Vote Smeags. Because I'm not sure of his advantage by sounding like claiming mafia and that worries me. 

- Also because I want to cast a vote and get the ball rolling :P 

If you want your vote to count, you have to vote like this

Vote : DarkThanatos

You have to do it in a new line.

Ah ok, I understand. 

You mean like this? 

Vote: mantlepiecek 

^this better? :P

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

radishhead said:
@Mantle: Is the fact that you didn't unvote after placing that example vote a coincidence, or was that hinting at a feeling that you've gained out of Thanatos?

I think he is scum, yes.

However, I don't want him lynched on day 1 of his first game. There is a good chance he is town being completely in the dark about everything, and so I will have a better look at him.

Besides unvoting is not necessary in this game. I will change my vote to someone else later on.

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
radishhead said:

I think he is scum, yes.

However, I don't want him lynched on day 1 of his first game. There is a good chance he is town being completely in the dark about everything, and so I will have a better look at him.

Besides unvoting is not necessary in this game. I will change my vote to someone else later on.

What makes you think he is scum? It's just thus far my read of him has been more town who doesn't really know what he is doing and thus wants to feel important.

mantlepiecek said:
radishhead said:

I think he is scum, yes.

Good Guy Mantlepiecek. 

The darkness is part of me like most everyone else in these Realms. 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

Yoshiya said:
mantlepiecek said:
radishhead said:

I think he is scum, yes.

What makes you think he is scum? It's just thus far my read of him has been more town who doesn't really know what he is doing and thus wants to feel important.

Possible.

My impression has been that he is scum who has no idea what he is doing.

Hooray, another four pages of nonsense.

To clarify, spurge will not be unbanned, but it's only a one day ban.

Now to go read. It's refreshing not having to worry about what I say for fear it will sound scummy, now that I'm town.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

happydolphin said:

Thou art a lord of sorts it would seem. Not that I asketh a claim of thee, but thine air of superiority compelleth me.

(Okay, I won't be able to keep up this olde english :P)

Finally, a wretched one who speaks as one. The rest of you lot speak like the scum we aim to terminate from this world.

I am Rolaze, but I will say no more for now... only that the cursed light is my enemy, and all who betray the darkness will be eliminated.