By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable The Journey Will Silence Kinect Critics, 10 Minutes Of Gameplay

SvennoJ said:
smroadkill15 said:
SvennoJ said:
It looks like an on rails version of Sorcery. It's pretty I'll give it that. But really, first person perspective without being able to strafe or at least side step, no thanks.

You can. 

I watched it again and the only sideways movement is during the boss battle, an on rails predefined side to side step.
I would give it a try if I had Kinect, but I don't. And considering I thought Dead space extraction (came free with DS2) wasn't worth getting move for I'll keep my money for Borderlands 2 and Forza Horizon.

Instead of comparing this to Sorcery, isn't it more like Medieval moves: Deadmund's quest? I never finished the demo for that one, on rails put me off that too.

You can side step(left or right) during any combat situation. I'm just waiting for reviews to come in and even if it gets good scores, I'm probably going to wait for a price. As you mentioned, there are plenty of others games that I would rather save my money for.  

Around the Network

Not bad for kinect. Combat looks repetitive though, not sure what they are doing to differentiate that. If it has a good story then easy 80 metacritic, otherwise I see it 60.

smroadkill15 said:
Fable:The Journey is on XBL right now. Played it earlier and I gotta say, it was surprisingly good. Controls work really well and for a game that has you sitting down the entire time I never had any problems, unlike with most games that have you sitting. Definitely give it a shot if you own a kinect, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I am certain  there is a degree of "on rails" with it.  If you played it, can you state whether or not it is on rails the entire game, or more like on a rail network, with different hub points you can stop and navigate at.

i dont have Kinect so i hope Lionhead is hard at work on Fable IV or a new IP but please be RPG again not Fable 3 wich is more action than anything else.

pezus said:

Since the other thread was locked for no reason

hahhahaha oh man that was pure gold

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
pezus said:

Since the other thread was locked for no reason

Were those actors?

it doesn't look functional after like 5 minutes the guy completely missed about 10 times, i mean he hit the ground in front of him ffs.

when you look at a kinect title. If a controller would be easier, more accurate, and faster; then chances are it's a bad kinect game.

Kinect should be marketed exclusively towards children (Once Upon a Monster, Kinectimals, etc.) and fitness people (where Nintendo was successful).