By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable The Journey Will Silence Kinect Critics, 10 Minutes Of Gameplay

kowenicki said:

I reckon there are at least 3 posts in here worse than my "ten year plan" post in that vita v iphone specs thread.

Just woke up, this gave me a rather good laugh, thanks kow. :D

OT: Looks a bit fun, still not a Kinect worthy purchase, but still decent.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
siavm said:
I am not buying this. I like fable 2 and 3 but I am not down with this 1 hour long game.

Try 15 hours.

And why would anyone want to play that long. I don't like standing to play the kinect games I have. And hours of waving hands to play this second rate fable is not something I will be doing. 

siavm said:
Nsanity said:
siavm said:
I am not buying this. I like fable 2 and 3 but I am not down with this 1 hour long game.

Try 15 hours.

And why would anyone want to play that long. I don't like standing to play the kinect games I have. And hours of waving hands to play this second rate fable is not something I will be doing. 

You haven't watched the video then, because you can sit while playing it.

Steel Battalion all over again.

maverick40 said:

Serously? Youve got to try it. 

I mean the tracking is good and the game was, in overall, fun. Which is a very important factor for games obviously and Fable: The Journey suprisingly had it. 

Steel Battalion? Not really. 

Yay!!!

Around the Network
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
maverick40 said:

I mean the tracking is good and the game was, in overall, fun. Which is a very important factor for games obviously and Fable: The Journey suprisingly had it. 

Oh I will try it that is for sure. I do hope it does well but after steel battalion I have my doubts.

maverick40 said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
maverick40 said:

Oh I will try it that is for sure. I do hope it does well but after steel battalion I have my doubts.

Lol, Steel battalion was a disaster. Who wouldn't have doubts? 

Yay!!!

No one's mentioned the elephant in the room. You just know there's going to be a Metacritic battle between this and Move's Sorcery. If FtJ winds up with substantially less than 70 on Metacritic certain types of people (not me) are going to use it as proof, yet again, that Kinect can't do good "core" games. Truth be told I do have doubts whether Kinect can do good "core" games. But I also think that the best minds in "core" game development haven't really made a serious attempt with Kinect.

Even if I had a 360 and Kinect I wouldn't buy this game simply beause it's in first person view. But that's just a taste thing.

And what type of thread is it that causes Rol to compare a Sony product favourably to, well, anything?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Crappy Reviews

Fable The Journey is one of those games that is going to get a lot of hate, without anyone actually playing it or giving it a chance. Kinect was always marketed as a device "for gamer's", Microsoft never said it was for a certain group, so naturally people tried to pan it and say Microsoft didn't care about "core" gamer's, which is absurd. It'd be like saying Sony is abandoning core gamer's just because they don't have a hardcore title for 2012. Instead Sony is trying to help their brand grow and they are going to go after the casual/family gamer that they used to dominate with back in the PS1/PS2 days. Fable The Journey is slated to come out in less then a month, the demo went live today, and I must admit that I couldn't stop playing it. If the game turns out as good as the demo, this could be the first rounded, story centric Kinect game.

The controls are spot on, the graphics are really well done with the Unreal Engine, and there is a large variety of spells to learn and use. You can even level up, this is turning out to be the most impressive Kinct title to date. It took about five minutes to learn the moves, they start you out with a little tutorial, then you are on your way! The best part about this Kinect game is that you can play it sitting down and relaxing, Kinect recognizes even the slightest arm movements, so there is no need to force it or flair about wildly. If selling 20+ million Kinect in under 2 years wasn't enough to make Kinect a success, this game could be the must own Kinect title of 2012.

http://www.crappyreviews.com/1/post/2012/09/fable-the-journey-will-silence-kinect-critics-10-minutes-of-gameplay.html

We heard the same positive previews for Steel Battalion and we know how that turned out. Let's just play the demo and wait for reviews.