By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Ranking Game - Final Fantasy XIII-2

Tagged games:

What do you think of FFXIII-2 in comparison to FFXIII?

Definitely a better game 9 30.00%

Definitely a worse game 2 6.67%

Absolutely pointless cash in sequel 6 20.00%

Has better Lightning than the first 1 3.33%

Has worse Lightning than the first 1 3.33%

Runa's gonna blast it all the same :P 2 6.67%

Who cares? Bring on Lightning Returns! 4 13.33%

I like Squirtles! 5 16.67%

Total:30
Runa216 said:
brendude13 said:
Struggling to think of a score for it compared to XIII's 9.5.

It took a few steps forward but took too many steps back. The story and narration was a mess, environments were confined and the battle system was broken with only two full party members and was far too easy.

Overall, I would give it an 8.8.

As opposed to FFXIII's story that had to be read via an in-game encyclopedia?  

As opposed to the narrow hallways? 

Not sure why you list these two, as the same issues were in XIII, not to mention the environments were much better in XIII-2, and the story, while not as GOOD as XIII's, it was told much better without as much need for the datalogs.  

Everything I read in the datalog before the end credits was just confirming what I already knew. Other small bits of mythology were available in the datalog after completing certain cie'th stones and were fully explained in XIII-2.

Environments really weren't that different, Yaschas Massif, Gran Pulse, Oerba were all basically the same size as they were in the first game. I definitely preferred how they were connected in XIII. I prefer the narrow corridors to the shallow and immersion breaking teleport buttons. The narrow corridors made it feel like I was actually progressing through the game and the world and you were shown a lot of scenery on the way.

Around the Network

9/10

I thought they improved almost every aspect of the game compared to XIII. I actually platinum'd it (although that was partially due to unlocking sarah's/lightning's ps3 themes).

I may get a lot of flak for saying this but I really did enjoy this more than most of the other Final Fantasy games, purely because of how slow the gameplay is in the older games (choose attack for character 1 then 2 then 3 now wait 25-30 seconds for the slow animations to finish - repeat).

trasharmdsister12 said:
Those are some really interesting poll results. Besides "Runa's gonna blast it anyways" and "I like Squirtles" (which I voted for... twice!) it seems pretty evenly split between being a game that improved on the first or a game that continued to disappoint for the franchise. There's still 3-4 days to get your reviews in. I'm actually still as confused on whether to jump in or not as I was day 1 with these review threads for FFXIII.

'scuse me, I gave it a 'slightly positive' score.  and if you look at the review, I praise its graphics, most of its audio, and its willingness to fix many of the original game's issues.  it still has many issues as well as its own unique problems, but a 5.4 is slightly positive.  More good in the game than bad, but still too much bad. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

8.8/10 best game this year with Rahman... In a year full of blah games