By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bought a Wii U for resale!

bananaking21 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
bananaking21 said:
its just sad that a lot of people like you do this then go complain about how activision is milking CoD or EA keeps making DLC.....

What? A minority of people on Ebay selling highly demanded items in lower supply for profit is not the same. Activision and EA are cashing in over $120+ after the purchase of their games from millions of people. This has nothing to do with short supply and convenience. 

im not saying i agree with activision or EA, but who ever does this sure as hell has no right to ever complain about EA putting out DLC and activision creating a game every year when what they are doing is sure a hell of a lot worse. when these people are charging hunderds extra on each console to sell is no way near selling a 15$ map pack. and these consoles will most likley be a xmax present to some kid and most of those kids probably wont get it because there parents cant addord to get a "800$" console when it should cost 300. who ever does this is a complet jerk

I don't really buy EA games, and I haven't bought a map pack from Activision since MW2. If there are people out there willing to make them rich to satisfy their silly desires, then so be it in my opinion.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

Around the Network
Icy-Zone said:
bananaking21 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
bananaking21 said:
its just sad that a lot of people like you do this then go complain about how activision is milking CoD or EA keeps making DLC.....

What? A minority of people on Ebay selling highly demanded items in lower supply for profit is not the same. Activision and EA are cashing in over $120+ after the purchase of their games from millions of people. This has nothing to do with short supply and convenience. 

im not saying i agree with activision or EA, but who ever does this sure as hell has no right to ever complain about EA putting out DLC and activision creating a game every year when what they are doing is sure a hell of a lot worse. when these people are charging hunderds extra on each console to sell is no way near selling a 15$ map pack. and these consoles will most likley be a xmax present to some kid and most of those kids probably wont get it because there parents cant addord to get a "800$" console when it should cost 300. who ever does this is a complet jerk

I don't really buy EA games, and I haven't bought a map pack from Activision since MW2. If there are people out there willing to make them rich to satisfy their silly desires, then so be it in my opinion.

and are your desires really any different?

bananaking21 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
bananaking21 said:

Did you just call me a jerk?

Happy to see the feedback from people who actually feel respect for the industry and the consumers who make all this possible

bananaking21 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
bananaking21 said:

Its not exactly rocket science. Value rises when someone or something is considered a high commodity (IE: Wii U product before or at launch= High consumer value). Its the very reason celebrities get paid the ridiculous sums of money they get paid on sports teams, and movies. In the same vein the buyer isnt seeking many people who can afford a console that is bumped up a couple hundred bucks, but rather an extremely minor portion of the same audience. its a uniform crowd that doesnt care to preorder, but want the highly valued console and will pay top dollar, because they can. It's called being a capitalist. What he's doing is very capitalist and what EA and Activision are doing are capitalist but there is a very big difference. Again, he's only seeking one out of millions of early adopters who is willing to pay a couple hundred dollars more. Obviously to someone who is upper middle class or rich, it wont hurt their pockets to do it as long as in their mind it is a high commodity. Nintendo intentionally lowers the supply to make sure the demand grows off of word of mouth. Its kinda like subliminal marketing, you make the market anxious.

I have my own theories as to why things like Call of duty: "Elite" exist and im thinking Xbox Lives existence inspired it. Activision has been taking cues from Microsoft and I believe EA is doing it now as well after Elite started. 

If you want to see people getting rear-ended by corporations for corporate profit, wait until Microsoft, Activision and EA combine  and create corporate-profitron. See below:

Intiation of corporate-profitron

Complete and utter dicking of the consumer base complete.

Prepare for more charges from these companies next gen.

Around the Network
runqvist said:
bananaking21 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
bananaking21 said:

No. i simply gave my opinion. i wasnt addressing you while giving that opion as well. you are free to take and understand my opinion in any way you want as that is your right. ohh and also a jerk is a quick, sharp, sudden movemen, i dont understand why you are so worked up

bananaking21 said:
runqvist said:
bananaking21 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
bananaking21 said:

No. i simply gave my opinion. i wasnt addressing you while giving that opion as well. you are free to take and understand my opinion in any way you want as that is your right. ohh and also a jerk is a quick, sharp, sudden movemen, i dont understand why you are so worked up

Funny thing, you are the one who seems to be "worked up" about someone else minding their own business. Pathetic, IMO.